[ProtPaladin] Block Rating showing no relative stat value

Topics: Rawr.ProtPaladin
Jan 12, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Given that the Chill of the Throne effect has lowered my avoidance + block to 85.1947%, block rating should be rated something higher than 0.02 for block rating.

This leads me to believe that items with block rating are rated lower in the formula because of it. Perhaps the Block Rating effectiveness is being calulated before the -20% dodge debuff is taken into effect?

Jan 13, 2010 at 4:48 PM

If it was before the debuff was taken into effect, it would be worth 0, as you'd already be past the cap.  My guess is that your options are set such that block isn't mitigating enough damage for it to be better than other stats.

If you still believe there's an error, this should have been posted in the Issue Tracker with a character file attached

Jan 13, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Yeah, I do understand that if I did not click "Chill of the Throne" then block rating = garbage because I'm @ 105.1947%. However, with Chill of the Throne, my avoidance + block rating = 85.1947%. Technically Block Rating should be worth 'something' other than 0; as it stands right now, I'm getting hit >17% of the time w/o block in ICC.

Also, how does one post with a character file?  Is that the XML file that is 'saved' if you choose to do so? Sorry for the noobness.