Location of gear for multiple specs

Topics: Off-Topic
Jan 18, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Hi everyone,

I run a level 80 Druid and I have 4 main sets of gear. 

Cat, Bear, Tree and now boomkin,  thanks to ICC's 4th boss! (Not gonna count the Feral & caster PVP sets). All sets are over 5K Gear score.

LOL, Respeccing back and forth alot, like the old days of one spec.  Feral/Resto, balance/Resto, Feral/Balance

(New user) I'm hoping Rawr is going to make it easier for me to figure out gear for my different specs.

I was wondering if there is/will be a function in Upgrades that sorts upgrades by location..  ie 10 man Togc has more upgrades. (also, the ability to compare across multiple specs would be nice :)

Maybe a locations tab/option that would allow you to click/select locations and filter locations by upgrade for spec listings. Possibly even based on spec's/players gearscore/weight vs level of raid/dungeon (More efficient use of Dungeon/raiding time)..  ie .. A Medium geared player - wants to know what gear to get, where to go next to get it.  Obvoiusly ICC 25 heroic would all be upgrades, but the player isn't geared to do that. ..   Player runs the query and "Badda-Bing-Badda-boom"  List has upgrades sorted by raid/dungeon lvl,  

Herioc FOS   

3 items,   XXX   XXX   XXX (listed them on same row to save space)

Heroic POS 

1 item   XXX

etc. (Could possibly even have a spec/build field)

Also, does it have an upgrade scale/gear option that could be used to determine best items that could be used for both Cat/bear or tree/boomer.

Thanks,

Mideran - Attempting to Master Druid <Grin>

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:34 PM

An interesting suggestion, but I don't see it coming in the near future.  Your best bet would be to utilize the "Filters" extensively.  Filter everything out but a few locations, then run "Build Upgrade List".

For multiple specs/characters where you are only using one gem/enchant for it (ie, an item that you may use in both balance and resto, or both cat and bear), look into using the Batch Tools.  You can assign a weight to each character's score (if you want them all equal, make each one the same number).  You can build an upgrade list from there to see what item gives you the biggest bang for your buck.

The one thing we've talked about before that I *can* see us doing is enabling filters on the Build Upgrade List results window.  So you can turn everything on, build the upgrade list once, then drill down to different locations and see what has the most that way.

Editor
Jan 18, 2010 at 10:50 PM

You can also use Excel (or OpenOffice, or whatever).  Build an Upgrade List, use the "Export to CSV" option, import that CSV into the spreadsheet software of your choice, and then organize by location.  Sure, it might not be the more elegant solution given the process, but it should work fine for your purposes.

However, now that I think about it, we don't grab instance info for items, do we?  In other words, we mention the boss, but not the instance that is located in.  Hrm.  Ignore me.