[Bear] Finally arena gear isn't so amazing...

Topics: Rawr.Bear
Feb 3, 2010 at 2:40 AM

I was pleasantly surprised when I entered the new arena season gear into Rawr and I didn't see it immediately jump to the top of the list.  It's all about the gems it appears.  The PvE gear this patch has more open gem slots which (at least for my Bear settings) keeps it ahead of most of the PvP stuff by a comfortable margin.

I didn't enter the 2200 staff in...I'm sure that will be BiS.  And a number of the pieces are definitely GOOD for tanking but they don't far outstrip equivalent PvE gear.  I'm quite happy with this raid/arena tier.

Coordinator
Feb 3, 2010 at 7:28 AM

Well, the S8 5piece set typically beats the T10.264 gear on an individual bases, but can't compete with the set bonuses, or the offset pieces. So it's great until you get 4T10, but that's about it. The offset stuff is good until you get get the 264 PvE stuff. And yeah, the 2200 staff is gunna be BIS. It's got over 2x the stam of the 264 PvE staff.

Feb 3, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Since my main spec the last few tiers has been DPS I will probably have to go with the offset pieces for my tank set...usually this meant arena gear in a goodly number of slots.  I'm quite happy that this time it doesn't :).