Linking own version of Rawr (source code)

Topics: Rawr.Base
Feb 8, 2010 at 12:33 PM
Edited Feb 8, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Hi, I just read the License, but my english is not so great, I was hoping anyone could clarify for me.

I just made an own version of Rawr, I could contribute the code I made in patches instead, but it's pretty much fail haxx code, first time coding in c :)

The version I made is optimized for affliction warlocks, some changes is made to the UI and rawr.base.

I wount claim any authorship for this version, mostly doing this for myself and for the fun.

So i'm wondering if it's ok to post the source code on this site?

Feb 8, 2010 at 5:26 PM

You might as well just submit a bunch of patches anyway. The devs might find some nifty stuff to implement, and the worst that could happen is they don't. Give it a try. :)

Before you do that though, you should try to separate as many changes as possible into separate patches so it's easier to figure out what you changed.

Coordinator
Feb 9, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Please do not release/link altered version of Rawr. Rawr is open-source, and we welcome additions. Please post your changes via the Patch page of the Source Code tab. We'll get it integrated into the main release.

Feb 9, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Yes yes yes please post patches for people to review/implement.  The base/true Rawr Warlock model has been hosed up to unusability status for all precision purposes* for months, and while ArP has been working on it he's unresponsive and/or slow enough [RL intrudes, I am sure] that the 95% complete pet-code [per his post 1/23] hasn't been completed afaik.  More hands/eyes = good.

*Precision purposes:  Sure, it's good enough right now to build general upgrade lists.  What I like to know is the "ideal" set for each spec.  Since pet criticals and stats are vitally important to at least two specs I use [rdps demo and destro], the current model can only provide my personal best DPS and not my pet/raid's [that is, does increasing my spellpower by x plus my crit by y beat the loss of haste of z, keeping in mind the bleedover of spellpower and crit to my pet and his ability to proc extra crits/spellpower for myself and others based on his spellpower?]