Moonkin GCD+Latency

Topics: Rawr.Moonkin
Feb 12, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Looking at my moonkin, if I apply haste to the point where wrath should reach 1s (GCD minimum), the latency is also added (i.e., when I keep my cursor over wrath in the Spell Info box in Rawr) . I just wondered if this is correct, if so, could anyone explain why? Been trying for a few days to understand the affect of latency but have yet to come up with an answer to this.

Feb 14, 2010 at 11:16 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Not sure if I formed the question a bit vague, if so please tell me. However I looked into the code a bit, and I'm wondering if you apply nature's grace in the correct way?

In the source code, at Rawr.Moonkin, in SpellRotation.cs line 50 says:

mainNuke.NGCastTime = (float)Math.Max(mainNuke.CastTime / (1 + spellHaste) / (1 + 0.2f * naturesGrace / 3.0f), instantCastNG);

Question - does Nature's Grace really increase the cast speed after spellHaste has kicked in? Isn't it simply added to the spell haste? As in:

mainNuke.NGCastTime = (float)Math.Max(mainNuke.CastTime / (1 + spellHaste + 0.2f * naturesGrace / 3.0f), instantCastNG); 

Edit: Never mind, checked it in game, your formula is correct. Interesting implementaion by Blizzard I must say.