Retribution optimizer

Topics: Rawr.Retribution
Feb 19, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Is there plans to include "hit rating > xxx" or "expertise rating > xxx"-kind of requirements in the retribution models optimizer? Kind of frustrating to manually adjust the gear everytime to be unmissable/dodgeable.

Feb 19, 2010 at 8:56 PM

By rating no, by stating 'Chance to Miss < 0%' or similar, yes

Feb 20, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Is there any particular reason to always hit while doing less dps?

Feb 20, 2010 at 2:24 PM
Edited Feb 20, 2010 at 2:25 PM
Jothay wrote:

By rating no, by stating 'Chance to Miss < 0%' or similar, yes

Yeah that was what I was after, and "Change to Dodge < 0%", too. Reason for this would be to simply compare would it be large DPS loss to gear/gem unmissable and undodgeable, and I myself usually aim to reach the hit and expertise soft caps. Thank you for your responses.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:40 AM
Edited Feb 23, 2010 at 9:41 AM

"Chance to miss%" would include straight misses, dodge & parry (in case you are attacking from the front).

For ret, there is and has always been little reason to actually try to get this to 0%. You just gear for dps and if you get more dps by having more misses, then so be it. Rarely an issue in the higher tiers of gear where hitrating and expertise are in abundant supply, but at naxx level gear it wasn't uncommon to get an actual upgrade by replacing an item with hitrating by an item without, getting more chances of misses, but still increasing DPS.

Is there a particular reason you really want to strive for 0% miss chance ?  For the most part, this is already built into the DPS stat afterall, since hit and expertise are among the higher rated stats so long as you're below the soft cap. By enforcing 0% miss, you're likely going to be looking at a lower DPS value.

Feb 24, 2010 at 7:08 PM

No, "Chance to Miss" applies to misses specifically.  "Chance to be Dodged", dodges specifically.  "Chance to be Parried", same deal.  "Chance to be Avoided" is the one that includes Misses, Dodges, and Parries inclusively.