5

Closed

[DPSWarr] Fury War Optimization Speed

description

I have seen a few comments regarding the slowness of the optimizer along with the arp difference from the last version and someone has stated fixed, this can only be possibly for the arp as the optimizer is still unusually slow. I have been experiencing 40 min + wait times compared to 8 min on full using the optimizer between the newest version of rawr and its previous. Now this must be something directly with the fury warrior as when i do exactly the same with prot build i do not suffer any issues what so ever.
 
I have tried using the same file to do both specs and have tried fresh specs and new install of rawr nothing makes a difference, you know when you are experiencing the problem as doing simple things such as enabling buffs or changing drop down menu from say head to chest can take load times unlike before also.
 
sorry if somewhere you say you are working on these things, im new to actually the posting service/forums as i never had a issue before with this great prog so never had to do much research.
Closed Aug 1, 2010 at 9:49 PM by Jothay

comments

OReubens wrote Jun 28, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Are you experiencing this on Rawr3 online version or a Rawr2 local (which version) ?

Reds wrote Jun 28, 2010 at 3:34 PM

rawr v2.3.19 sorry

Reds wrote Jun 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

rawr 2 stand alone not the web based version

RareBeast wrote Jun 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM

I was about to post an issue on this now as well.

Just did some mucking around with this and it seems to be to do with proc effects, particularly enchants on weapons.

With only one item and enchant marked available for each slot I got the following results (about 1/5 thoroughness) :-

Dual Massacre equipped and only massacre marked available - 10 sec optimise
Dual Beserk equippped and only beserk marked available - 450 sec optimise
Dual Massacre equipped and both massacre and beserk available - 225 sec optimise


Hope this helps.



Did that last one again with no trinkets equiped or marked available - 90 sec optimise

delanthear wrote Jul 4, 2010 at 9:33 AM

It definitely occurs on Rawr2 local version. It is significantly slower than the previous version. I've just run the online version for the first time, so I don't have a real baseline to compare against it, but it feels just as slow

robbiiii wrote Jul 6, 2010 at 6:55 AM

any facts?

definitely slow, otherwuise perfect.

Oxhart wrote Jul 7, 2010 at 8:21 AM

I recently posted in the EJ forums about this, and apparently the forum admins over there love giving infractions for no reason at all. I just wanted to let you know that its not just you, I'm running a fairly newer computer, 2.4ghz quad core Q6600 with 4 gigs of ram and a 9800 GTX+ vid card and encountering the same problem. With previous versions, I have had no problems with optimization time or upgrade time. Rawr v. 2.3.20

Oxhart wrote Jul 7, 2010 at 10:29 AM

Sorry for double-posting but just clarifying one thing. This topic says 2.3.19 but the bug is still present in 2.3.20 downloaded client version.

Doublexbaugh wrote Jul 8, 2010 at 10:24 AM

I came here cause I got this too. It started 2.3.19, and is still happening in 2.3.20 and in Rawr3 as of the same update. When I try to optimize the Performance Monitor on my G15 keyboard shows my CPU usage go all the way to 100% and it takes 20 minutes plus. 2.3.18 and earlier all still work fine.

wanjy wrote Jul 8, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Found the culprit.
This function was added in file Rawr.Base/SpecialEffect.cs (2.3.19 release):
    public override bool Equals(object obj)
    {
        return obj.ToString() == this.ToString();
        // return base.Equals(obj);
    }
Commenting it led to 50+ times faster optimizes

Oxhart wrote Jul 8, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Wanjy, Awesome!!! Okay, I just have one question, when you say comment it do you mean change it from

public override bool Equals(object obj)
{
return obj.ToString() == this.ToString();
// return base.Equals(obj);
}

to

;;public override bool Equals(object obj)
;;{
;;return obj.ToString() == this.ToString();
;;// return base.Equals(obj);
;;}

or something of the sort? Sorry I am a complete newbie to this stuff.

Oxhart wrote Jul 8, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Sorry I think I read that wrong, and I don't even know how to open that file to change it. Thought it would be something like a .ini file. Time to wait for a new release then I guess.

Jothay wrote Jul 8, 2010 at 6:44 PM

OxHeart, if you aren't compiling your own source, don't worry about it, wait for the .21 release.

wanjy, thank you for the information, I'm looking into who/why that was added to see about removing it for a more performant option.

Nonak wrote Sep 11, 2010 at 7:59 AM

Sorry guys, but I don't think this issue has been fixed at all. DPSWarr optimization is still a nightmare in terms of how long it takes. I'm using Rawr v2.3.22 and I've actually seen a boost in ProtWarr optimization (at least that's my perception) but none into DPSWarr. For example, it takes 15 minutes to build the upgrade list for my ProtWarr ... for my DPSWarr I had it running for 4 days ! and the worst of it all was that in the end it produced a blank list ... talk about frustrating. PLease take a look into it as it has become really frustrating using Rawr for DPSWarr optimization.

Thanks.