How is Rawr Working For You?

Topics: Retired
Coordinator
Sep 7, 2007 at 6:07 PM
Let me know how it works, or doesn't!
Sep 12, 2007 at 5:19 PM
So far I'm really enjoying it as a tool. The stuff I'm finding challenging are the expected things:

1) Being able to click thru to WowHead for more detail
2) Seeing info about where things drop
3) Differences between the model used and other models

I end up using it along side my spreadsheet and Emmerald's pages and then make a judgement based on what I see on all three.
Oct 19, 2007 at 1:19 AM
Edited Oct 19, 2007 at 6:36 PM
Edit: deleted, missed the Issue Tracker thing. Sorry!
Nov 6, 2007 at 9:46 PM
I generally like how it works. For items that have different types (monkey, tiger, bandit, etc) how can those values be applied to the gear? It seems to make a difference in the value of an equipment piece.

Also, it would be great if we could see what level the gear is, similar to the TBC list, and perhaps filter on a character level. For example, my tanking druid is currently 66 so all the level 70 items are currently of no importance.

-Tuoshou, Lightbringer
Coordinator
Nov 6, 2007 at 11:14 PM

realityworx wrote:
I generally like how it works. For items that have different types (monkey, tiger, bandit, etc) how can those values be applied to the gear? It seems to make a difference in the value of an equipment piece.

Also, it would be great if we could see what level the gear is, similar to the TBC list, and perhaps filter on a character level. For example, my tanking druid is currently 66 so all the level 70 items are currently of no importance.

-Tuoshou, Lightbringer

Sorry, if you're not level 70, and past green suffixed items, Rawr is not for you, yet. Come back to Rawr when you have a foundation of gear.
Dec 10, 2007 at 7:48 PM
For what it's worth, I can see people equipping green gear for a mega-dodge set. I think a green 2h "of agility" and ring "of eluding" are currently the best options for those slots. Other greens come close to T6 and might be adequate substitutes for dodge-tank items.

I haven't heard of any druids who have actually done it, but it is possible to be 100% immune to physical damage through dodge + miss.

I'm not saying that Rawr should be able to handle green <of random enhancement> items. It's a lot of work for very little gain. However, there are some valid reasons for wanting to compare a green item to end-game purples.
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2007 at 9:53 PM
I completely agree, you could use greens Of Eluding/Agility for a high dodge set. And Rawr will let you do that, just add the agi/dodge rating in the item editor.
Jan 17, 2008 at 2:19 PM
This tool saved me lots of time to find my gear and point out where i was mistaken.
I'm trying to get the whole dodge-set for some testing, i hope i can report soon that immunity is possible ;)

(sorry for my bad english)
Jan 26, 2008 at 9:09 AM
Hi!

The updates from the armory still doesn't work fo me, apart from that everything's fine.

Speaking of immunity, I did get a 99,1% avoidance using only high-end gear (T6 and epic gems)
Jan 29, 2008 at 6:44 PM
Edited Jan 29, 2008 at 6:46 PM
Absolutely great idea. Am just starting to take my feral druid seriously, and this is just the tool. Problem, whenever I try to view one of the created documents I get this error message in IE

Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported. Error processing resource 'file: / / / c: / Documents and Settings...
< ? xml version= "1.0" encoding "utf-16" ? >

Document and Setting is of course where I keep my Rawr files, and yes I downloaded the Windows program I had to have for this program. Any idea whats going on?
Would appreciate any suggestions as Rawr is something I definitely want to run with.
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2008 at 10:34 PM
Dunaphane: You can't just double-click the file. Open Rawr and File>Open.

You're seeing that error because IE is trying to open it, not Rawr.
Jan 30, 2008 at 8:24 PM
Edited Jan 30, 2008 at 8:27 PM
Hi Astrylian !

There is a little "bug" (in fact, not really) in a calculation.
My stats are :
Defense Rating: 156
Resilience: 0

The calculate chance to be crit is not 0, but this one (against a target level 73 of course) :
Chance to be Crit: 1.192093E-07%

So the tooltip is "CRITTABLE !! ....."
Is it possible to round the calculation to, for example, 5 digits after point, in order to replace this by zero ?

Thank you very much :)

Irhondril
Feb 1, 2008 at 4:28 PM
Edited Feb 1, 2008 at 4:28 PM
Rawr tends to get "Not Responding" a lot when I load other people's gear lists. This most commonly happens when loading lists I had saved from a previous version.

I keep track of all the feral druids in my guild as well as several feral druids on my server, so I have a lot of switching betwene files to compare :p

Other than that, I love Rawr, works great for me. Sometimes get "Not Responding" while adding new items from the list or loading a character from the Armory, but haven't had those issues with 10b yet.

I recommend Rawr toe ver bear out there ^_^
Coordinator
Feb 2, 2008 at 2:13 AM
Regarding 156 def rating... Yeah, you're uncrittable. I'll fix it for next version.

Regarding "Not Responding"... The Armory is slow. I could stand to put progress bars in it for sure, will add that to my list.
Feb 2, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Astrylian wrote:
Let me know how it works, or doesn't!

I was under the impression that AP is affected by Str. In the cat portion of rawr, when I go to edit items there is no where to add the stats for str. If I am completely wrong about the impact of Str, on AP and therefore sustained dps please let me know. If not can you please address this issue in the next version :D?

thanks
Coordinator
Feb 2, 2008 at 5:42 PM
Raeven, see the "Missing Features" section of the readme.
Feb 8, 2008 at 3:40 PM
Loving the cat version Astrylian, keep it rolling!
Feb 8, 2008 at 10:00 PM
Love Rawr, can't believe I didn't find this sooner. Almost started a similar project myself.

Uploaded a patch for your consideration.

It attempts to check meta gem requirements on items. Just something I thought would be helpful since I was constantly coming up with awesome gear which completely missed meeting the meta requirements.
Coordinator
Feb 8, 2008 at 10:17 PM

MerickOWA wrote:
Love Rawr, can't believe I didn't find this sooner. Almost started a similar project myself.

Uploaded a patch for your consideration.

It attempts to check meta gem requirements on items. Just something I thought would be helpful since I was constantly coming up with awesome gear which completely missed meeting the meta requirements.

Hey MerickOWA,
Thanks for the patch! I'll take a look at it soon! Toss me an IM at cnervig@hotmail.com on MSN or Astro tSD on AIM if you want to chat more.

Thanks,
~Astryl
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2008 at 12:09 AM
Thanks a ton for that patch, MerickOWA. I've made some adjustments and additions to it, and applied it to the main codebase. Toss me an IM if you'd like to help out in any other ways!
Feb 10, 2008 at 12:57 PM
I have an issue that makes the 10th edition quite useless really... :/
I have posted it in the issue tracker; the case is that in the stats tab and the buff tab, the windows with the numbers in it gets resized so the numbers disappear.. there is two screenshots of it in the issue tracker.
I also had the bug in the 9th edition but then only in the buff tab so I dident bother about it. Now however it renders the program useless since you cant see any numbers ... :S
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2008 at 9:27 PM
Hologram, you have your screen set to a high DPI. Goto your screen settings, Advanced, DPI, and switch it back to Normal.
Mar 8, 2008 at 10:06 PM
Looks like a neat program, however it crashes on startup for me. (Failure to initialize properly) Also my druid isn't 70, so I'll have to wait on this. It would be cool to see some lower level info added at some point. I'm not even 40th level yet and my gear bag is stuffed, I can't decide what's useful or not.

FWIW I'm running a 3.5 year old installation of Windows XP without Service Pack 2.

All that said, it's good to see a project like this, my main is a mage so I'll check back later to see if that stuff has been ironed out.
Coordinator
Mar 8, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Hazeon wrote:
Looks like a neat program, however it crashes on startup for me. (Failure to initialize properly) Also my druid isn't 70, so I'll have to wait on this. It would be cool to see some lower level info added at some point. I'm not even 40th level yet and my gear bag is stuffed, I can't decide what's useful or not.

FWIW I'm running a 3.5 year old installation of Windows XP without Service Pack 2.

All that said, it's good to see a project like this, my main is a mage so I'll check back later to see if that stuff has been ironed out.

Well, Rawr supports Mages now, so you can use it for your main. But yeah, Rawr's not useful until you're 70; it's unneeded. As for your error, that's because you need the .NET Framework 2.0. The download link is in the readme.