Holy Priest - ICC Fight Length?

Topics: Rawr.HealPriest
Mar 17, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I was curious what other Holy Priests are putting into Rawr settings for their Fight Length time (25 man ICC, non-heroic).

The default setting of 480 seconds strongly prefers I gem for Intellect.  However, I noticed that I very rarely had mana issues and figured I should adjust the fight time down a bit.  But when I changed this to what I thought was a more reasonable time (360) it strongly preferred I gem for Haste.

Any input or recommendations from other priests out there would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

PS.  I didn't see how to attach my character xml in the discussions forum and perhaps its not relevant anyway.

Developer
Mar 17, 2010 at 8:43 PM

I'm actually interested in knowing this as well, so I can see if people use the model as I expected them to.

I'm also very interested in knowing what experience people have done with the Custom role.

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2010 at 12:03 AM
Edited Mar 18, 2010 at 12:17 AM

I know with my guild, fights range from 2:30 minutes (Marrowgar) to 18 minutes (LK). Looking at last weeks kill times (we finally killed LK last week) all of these are on normal setting:

Marrow - 2:39
Deathwisper - 3:47
Gunship - ~6 minutes (WoL doesn't show that fight for some reason)
Deathbringer - 3:06
Rotface - 4:07
Festergut - 4:11
Putricide - 9:02
Council - 3:41
Queen - 4:59
Dreamwalker - 6:09
Sindragosa - 9:07
LK - 17:44 (granted about 1-1:30 of that is RP near the end and because of the RP we are given 2 Heroisms [once during 2nd transition and one after the RP]). However after going through the logs, the amount of time that healers are actually healing is about 14:48.

As for this week, we have only downed Marrow (6:13) and Gunship on Heroic [skipped Lady since we were having issues with P1].

As for custom role, I'm unsure how you want us to work with that. Do you want us to say how many times we cast each spell?

Developer
Mar 18, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Yes, the custom role basically expects you to take a combat log, and feed the information directly into it. Then it will try to tune your gear around that specific fight when you use Optimize.