Healadin: Overlooked Enchant?

Topics: Rawr.Healadin
Mar 24, 2010 at 8:14 AM
Edited Mar 24, 2010 at 8:22 AM

I have been using Rawr for quite some time and one thing that has always bugged me is that the Healadin module does not even list Powerful Stats (+10 All Stats) as a chest enchant for this spec.   The Healadin module seems to, instead, focus only on the mana and mp5 enchant possibilities for the chest.  I am curious about why this is.  Although some debate periodically arises about the advantage of Powerful Stats or Exceptional Mana (+250 mana) over the other, both enchants are widely considered to be valid for a raiding holy paladin.  

If my math is right, here is what I can determine as the breakdown for Powerful Stats benefits: 

10 int = 11.5 int with talents = 12.65 int after kings

12.65 int = ~189 mana (plus about 0.08% crit, 3 SP and ~8 mp5 from Divine Plea and Replenishment).

When you compare that to the flat 250 mana benefit of Exceptional Mana, you find the following differences: (Bold values represent stronger enchant for each attribute.  Numbers in parentheses represent the net deficit compared to stronger enchant for each attribute.)

Attribute Powerful Stats Exceptional Mana
Mana ~189 (-61) 250
Crit ~0.08% 0.00% (-0.08%)
Spellpower ~3 0% (-3)
Mana Regen ~8 MP5 ~8 MP5

When I play around with those numbers to compare my fight output with the Powerful Stats vs. Exceptional Mana, I personally find that I get slightly more healing done, slightly more healing per second and slightly more healing per mana with Powerful Stats.  I will grant you that the numbers are extremely close, but I would argue that such competitive values would at least warrant allowing a holy paladin to consider the use of Powerful Stats in his/her modeling.

Thoughts?  Feedback?

:-)

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2010 at 8:37 AM

A) Yeah, probably a bug, this should be available.

B) You still are likely to want to use Powerful Stats, due to the stam.

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:38 AM

I also agree.  Powerful stats should indeed be an option.

Developer
Mar 24, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Hey, neat, a side effect of the change I just made fixed this issue.  I'm psychic! :)