Suggestion - Tooltips and translation

Topics: Retired
Jan 30, 2008 at 7:07 PM
Hi Astrylian !

First, thank you very much for developing Rawr ... both Raw.Cat and Rawr.Bear are very usefull and amazing !
I've got a druid (Irhondril) in EU-FR Server (Kirin Tor) and love this classe of course ;) But sorry for my bad english, I hope that you will understand something ^^
Unfortunately I can't post messages in the following thread because of my character server, so i will write here

So, i'd like one or two new features in your application :

1) Tooltips

In the Buffs panel, there is a list of usefull buffs for cat or bear, dependant of the part of application.
Is it possible to add a little tootlip for each buff in order to describe this one ?
i.e :
  • Grace of Air Totem : increases the agility of party members within 20 yards by 77
or simplier :
  • Grace of Air Totem : +77 agility

And the same thing for improved buff, of course.

2) Translation

Fortunately i can understand english language ^^
But it's not the case for everybody ... and more and more people know your awesome application but not necessarily english people :p
I'd like to know if a possible translation is in your timeline of your project ?
For example the automatically imported items could be imported by EU armory instead of US armory.
And of course this will be manually for the application (titles, desciptions, menus...). Maybe with a translation file for each language ?

If you want a french translator, I think I could if you want, but I don't know if there are already planned modules for this inside your application :)

Thank you very very very much Astrylian !!

Best regards
Feb 8, 2008 at 8:07 PM
Hey, sorry for the slow response to this. I hope to have buff tooltips in b11.

For Translation... I'd like to do it at some point. There's alot of work needed to make Rawr support multiple or alternate languages, so it probably won't be soon. But I would like to. If someone wants to help with the coding to support this, that'd be quite welcome.
Feb 10, 2008 at 11:16 AM
Okay thank you Astrylian for you answers ! :)