Open Issues (07-2010)

Topics: Retired
Jul 2, 2010 at 6:03 PM
Edited Jul 3, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Here is a report on the number of Open issues per model:

Update: This now counts all issue types, 2 = Rawr2, 3 = Rawr3, F = Feature Request

2 3 F Model
3     Bear
3     Cat
7   1 DPSDK
3 1 1 DPSWarr
6 1 1 Elemental
6 1   Enhance
4   2 HolyPriest
3 1   Hunter
    1 Mage
1     Moonkin
1     ProtPaladin
7   1 ProtWarr
1 1   RestoSham
1 1 1 Retribution
1     Rogue
6     Shadow
2 4   TankDK
3 1 1 Tree
2     Warlock
1     Healers
  2   Tanks
      All Models
02 17 33 Base
4   3 Buffs
1 2 2 ItemFilters
4   7 Items
4   1 LoadCharacter
2     Mono (Linux)
3   9 Optimizer

It is entirely possible that the issues are already fixed, just need to be closed out.

Please do a blitz as soon as you can to verify any issues your model has open to see if they are still viable and close them out if they are not, we have about 250 total issues right now and I'd love to see that number drop below 200 by Sunday night. 150 by the following weekend and 100 the weekend after that. If the issue marked is for multiple model types, put a post on it signing that you have fixed your part.

If you are unable to perform this blitz post here for help.

I'll try to update this opening post based on the results I see over the next couple of days.

Side-Note: I'll be trying to clear up some of the Generic ones, but many of them are outside of my purview. If these items should belong to you, please look into them.

Specific Issue Notices:

17809: This issue needs to be reviewed by All Melee models, except Retribution (which was the progenitor of the fix) to implement the new TAJ MeleeAttack trigger, of course linked to all player (non-pet) made melee only attacks. Once you have the trigger implemented, TAJ should work for your models as well. See Retribution code for examples.

14487: This issue affects both RestoSham and HolyPriest, please sign off on the issue when you have completed your side of the fix.

17396: This issue affects both Elemental and Enhance, please sign off on the issue when you have completed your side of the fix.

15919: This issue affects All Healing models, please sign off on the issue when you have completed your side of the fix.

Jul 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Blitzed! Thanks for your work on the Issue Tracker, Jothay.

Jul 2, 2010 at 7:13 PM
For ProtPaladin: - Adding HP5 to ProtPaladin was discussed in a dev's thread, but nothing ever came of it. Perhaps we should pick that discussion up again? - This was a multi-model, multi-issue ticket, which we probably should have asked the guy to divide up. :) The remaining issue for ProtPaladin is implementing a survival soft cap. I, um, kind of overlooked that part of it, so I'll see about implementing one similar to Bear's this weekend. I do not intend to implement the healing portion of Ardent Defender, which was also mentioned in this ticket, because it's only available for a Paladin if it's off of cooldown. There are also other parts of that ticket for other models that I do not know the status of. - Closed. \o/ The remaining issue on this ticket is one of absorption. - This was implemented incorrectly in ProtPaladin, and thus I have not turned it on. The current discussion centers around splitting the current DamageAbsorbed stat, although Astrylian's come in to state Essence of Gossamer's proc should not be modeled. With that being the case, my proposed solution is to not model Essence of Gossamer's proc at all (take out the proc that's there), and use DamageAbsorbed only for Corroded Skeleton Key.

1) ProtPaladin will implement a survival soft cap.
2) We need to come to a conclusion on the HP5 discussion, whether we will implement it or not, and how.
3) If my solution for DamageAbsorbed is good, I will implement that.
Jul 2, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Rawr.Moonkin should be all caught up.  There is one issue still open, but it has been fixed in source and I want the original poster to test it in the upcoming release before I close it.

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:20 PM
Edited Jul 2, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Roncli, I briefly looked at your commit into ProtWarr for DamageAbsorbed, but wasn't fully sure what the intent was.

It seems that DamageAbsorbed really needs to be tracked, triggered, and accumulated in a 'DamageAbsorbedPerSecond' way, then subtracted from the overall damage you take. Otherwise, I don't really see a way to properly average it into an over-time scenario.

There are also edge cases to consider such as the duration of the absorb effect being too short to actually consume the entire absorb--while this is not the case in typical scenarios, in certain gearsets or scenarios (e.g. Anub-25 add Warrior tanking setups) it could dramatically skew the result.

There were previous discussions on HP5, but frankly I'm not sure there is too much reason to implement it unless there is a significant movement to including all self-healing effects somehow. This opens a large can of worms, and I'm not sure it's worth it just for one item. I doubt we'll be seeing any more HP5 items in the future. (However, self-healing is going to potentially be an issue in Cata, with talents such as Blood Craze likely becoming viable staples for Prot Warriors.)

Next week is a reprieve from crunch overtime for me, so I can probably do a pass of the ProtWarr issues, but quickly looking over them most of them are very old suggestions or issues which are either no longer relevant or decided/stated not to integrate as features (e.g. Last Stand/Shield Wall being averaged into total survival.)

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:27 PM

If you don't plan on every implementing something, close it with a comment stating "Rejected" or something similar, you don't need to go into detail into why if it's already in the comments.

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:36 PM
Edited Jul 2, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Yep, will do a clean-up pass over the weekend and implement anything that's left-over. now that I have a glimmer of life back. (Horray for mandatory overtime!)

Also, don't think there's an issue for it but now that Rawr3 is being heavily used, I know I need to make sure the options panel in Rawr3 is properly updated. Hopefully should have time to sort that out.

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:43 PM

We're doing great guys, went from 248 issues to 215 in just a few hours. I'm still trying to close out as many as I can.

Jul 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM

It would be awesome if I could turn this OP into a live SQL query against the issue tracker and have it update the statistics automatically. :P

Jul 2, 2010 at 9:44 PM
Edited Jul 2, 2010 at 9:51 PM
EvanM, you're confusing me with Shazear. :) He committed Changeset 50397.

No modeling of HP5 sounds good to me, the only item I can think of that does it drops from Onyxia, and if I remember correctly it was a carryover from vanilla anyway. I will close that ticket.

And, the Survival Soft Cap is in, thanks to a bit of copy and paste of Astrylian's code. :) That ticket, 15785, may still be outstanding for ProtWarr & TankDK models.
Jul 2, 2010 at 9:52 PM
15919 was already working in the Healadin module.
Jul 2, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Everyone should see the HUGE change to the Feature Requests listed in the Issue Tracker. I've updated them to all be a Type:Feature and changed their naming convention so they should all be nice and uniform now. I also cleared out several duplicates.

It should be a lot easier to read through the entries now that they sort a little better: [Feature Request.Rawr3.Optimizer]

Jul 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM

2 issues to go and we meet this weekends goal!

Jul 2, 2010 at 10:59 PM

We med the goal for the weekend! We are presently at 199 issues.

If you haven't done your blitz yet, help us get a head start on next week's goal of <150 issues.

Please also note that I've just gone through and assigned 104 of the issues to what I think is the right persons. If I assigned it to the wrong person, I'm sorry, send me a PM letting me know and go ahead and assign the issue(s) to the right person.

Jul 3, 2010 at 10:46 AM
Rogue has nothing open anymore (also should never have open stuff for long if I'm not on holiday :P), TAiaJ has also been modeled.
Jul 3, 2010 at 3:38 PM

I'm standing in for Bloodysorc on the DPSDK stuff for now.  I'm up-to-date to about last week for the TankDK stuff.  I still need to work on the TAJ implementation. I doubt I can get to it this weekend since I have guests from out-of-town.

@EvanM:  I agree that my damageabsorbed implementation wasn't totally complete and was just a goal to get some damage absorbed implementation integrated into the tank models.  I should still have a defect assigned to me to work on the issues.

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:16 PM
We're now halfway to next week's goal of <150 with current open issues at 174. I've been picking over the Rawr3 tickets to see if we can get some closed out.
Jul 4, 2010 at 2:06 AM

Don't find anything under the Rawr.RestoSham, so I think they're all cleaned out.

Jul 4, 2010 at 2:10 AM
If you filter by keyword 'restosham' there's four issues to take a look at
Jul 4, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Regarding issue I have no idea on how to fix that. The optimizer keeps suggesting Enchants for Off-Hand items.

Jul 4, 2010 at 3:59 PM
Lord_Helmchen wrote:

Regarding issue I have no idea on how to fix that. The optimizer keeps suggesting Enchants for Off-Hand items.

There's an overload, I think it's called IsEnchantRelevant, that lets you say that offhand items can't be enchanted.

Jul 5, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Did a pass on cleaning up the ProtWarr issues. Think it's down to 2 that I can see now. Fixed 3 issues, the others were either dupes or invalid.

Need to give some more thought as to the Blade Warding threat issue, since that's a tricky one--Blade Warding is only roughly approximated at the moment, as last I looked into it with Kavan's assistance, the math for it was a bit ridiculous considering that the rough approximation is probably good enough anyhow. The damage component may be easier to factor, but still need to take into consideration either an approximate or the player's actual parry chance to figure out the chance of getting a proc during the duration of the buff. May just end up approximating it as a 1 PPM damage proc for the stated amount, but wouldn't mind some other opinions on it.

The 4-set bonus issue hinges a bit on the DamageAbsorb stuff, as it would be the same mechanic as the Skeleton Key (more or less.)

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:10 AM
dopefish wrote:
Lord_Helmchen wrote:

There's an overload, I think it's called IsEnchantRelevant, that lets you say that offhand items can't be enchanted.

The problem is, that shields are in the offhand slot and the slot is only available information.

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:26 AM

The one you're probably interested in is EnchantFitsInSlot.

public override bool EnchantFitsInSlot(Enchant enchant, Character character, ItemSlot slot)
            // Filters out Non-Shield Offhand Enchants and Ranged Enchants
            if ((slot == ItemSlot.OffHand && enchant.Slot != ItemSlot.OffHand) || slot == ItemSlot.Ranged) return false;
            // Filters out Death Knight and Two-Hander Enchants
            if (enchant.Name.StartsWith("Rune of the") || enchant.Slot == ItemSlot.TwoHand) return false;
            return base.EnchantFitsInSlot(enchant, character, slot);

Jul 5, 2010 at 8:46 AM
Edited Jul 5, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Look to the ProtWarrior code to see how it's handled.

[edit] Go me, posting something that's been sitting in the text box for over half an hour, without checking to see if someone else posted.  Another negative against the ABYSMAL text entry system for CodePlex.  :/

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:52 AM
I pitched in a good amount on Priest models. Thanks for pushing me to do this finally Jothay :P
Jul 5, 2010 at 1:12 PM
Edited Jul 5, 2010 at 1:33 PM

For ret:

17540 : closed

17002: Performance.  Pretty much 'always' an issue of course, not much I can do about it atm.  Issue is being cased by haste changing the rotation and 2T10 making the haste issue worse by a lot (anywhere from a factor 5-20ish).  I could close the issue with a "we're aware of this" type reason, but that's closing issues without actual solutions.  Been working on several possible routes to solve this, but it looks like I'm running out of ideas.

16946: Can't do much on Rawr3 atm since I can't get it to compile (heck, the solution doesn't even load). Retribution is pretty much unusable on Rawr3 atm. Haven't really bothered with trying to get this working as I'm more inclined to solve 17002 first and depending on solution taken, may involve changing the UI part even more, making all the work on this issue a wasted effort.

Jul 5, 2010 at 5:49 PM
Edited Jul 5, 2010 at 5:51 PM

@TNSe: No problem, I just got tired of seeing soooo many issues in there.

@OReubens: What are the issues you are running into getting Rawr3 to load into VS?

Jul 5, 2010 at 6:14 PM

I actually couldn't manage to get Rawr3 working last night either (either of the solutions) so I think perhaps it may just be a broken build at the moment--or I'm doing something wrong. Was going to ask about this myself.

Jul 5, 2010 at 6:45 PM
Edited Jul 5, 2010 at 6:48 PM

I just did a fresh checkout of Rawr and Rawr3 compiles and works (with the fix I just committed). If you can't get it to compile, make sure that you have the Nov 2009 Silverlight Tools installed. I was getting compile errors before because I had the older July version.

Note to the Item Team: When updating the Default Data Files (ItemCache, ItemSource, ItemFilters, etc) please be sure to copy those files into both .\Rawr\Rawr3\Rawr.Silverlight.Web\ClientBin folder itself and into the file. This is why the new posting of Rawr3 had out of date info. I've updated them myself for the moment.

Jul 5, 2010 at 7:44 PM
Jothay wrote:

Note to the Item Team: When updating the Default Data Files (ItemCache, ItemSource, ItemFilters, etc) please be sure to copy those files into both .\Rawr\Rawr3\Rawr.Silverlight.Web\ClientBin folder itself and into the file. This is why the new posting of Rawr3 had out of date info. I've updated them myself for the moment.

No, do not do this. I copy those files over from DefaultDataFiles and rezip them, whenever I release Rawr3.

Jul 6, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Great work on blitzing folks! We're presently at 142 issues which means we're already gone through next weekend's goal. Since we're making such great headway, I'm changing the goal to 125 so let's try and hit that.

I'll be working on Rawr3 Feature Requests for the rest of the week and I'll edit this post with problems I've run into with those.

Rawr3 Feature Request Problems:

14115 : I built out the dialogs for this, however I cannot get them to populate with item/gem data. If anyone can take a look to connect some dots I'd appreciate it.

16522 : I was working on this one when I found that this process hadn't been created at all in Rawr3 yet. So I built out a dialog that would store the location of the cache, and replicated the dialogs for importing specific characters from Rawr2. The problem I ran into was that I couldn't pull any data off the FileInfo file variable due to an access denied error out of Silverlight. If anyone can find a solution to get around this that would be a big help.

Boss Handler : I'm still stuck on this development stream due to an inability to properly tie the DataBindings for the interface to where they need to be. Would appreciate someone taking a crack at it to find out what I'm doing wrong.

Jul 6, 2010 at 8:14 AM
Jothay wrote:

@OReubens: What are the issues you are running into getting Rawr3 to load into VS?

When opening the solution: " This project type is not supported by this installation."

I've been given some links to solve the issue, but they were either dead, or pointed to VS2010 specific solutions that don't work for VS2008. At the time, the hasty response to the 2010 request lead me to believe we'd be upgrading to 2010 rather fast, so I figured i'd wait for that.  But I'm not sure where the cert team has got their heads stuck atm, haven't received an update on it for some weeks which is unusual.

Jul 8, 2010 at 8:46 AM

BossHandler now has the connections where they are supposed to be.

Next I have to make sure all the options work by tying them into DPSWarr, then you guys can have at them.

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:51 PM

As per the changelist info:

Rawr3.BossHandler: Love me for I am awesome!

We love you!

Jul 8, 2010 at 11:04 PM

15919 Appears to have fixed itself after someone added the correct trauma proc, posted as such in the ticket so I'm clean on that one.

15256 I'll add in a not on the tooltip of the mana tide totem on the options page that if you select mana tide here, only select mana tide in buffs if there is a second shaman.  

17233 Fixed soon as I get the changes to the options panel, man that options panel is 3 seems to be the bane of my existence at times.

17858 I have no clue where to go with this one, I'll have to look at it after I fix that panel, see if that's the underlying issue.

The last one closed due to fix.  So, from 5 down to 2.