Update on Warlocks?

Topics: Rawr.Warlock
Aug 22, 2010 at 11:44 PM

So I remember the doo-doo storm that would be impending when the last guy who was in charge of the Lock module would get asked this.  However, the people taking charge of it jumped in full-throttle, but now there hasn't been any news lately that I can see.  Any chance of getting an update on the state of locks in rawr?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for your hard work.

Aug 23, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Is there something specific you are looking for?

Generally, a lack of both complaints and news updates means there's nothing majorly .wrong

Aug 23, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I haven't been keeping up, honestly.  I had a bit of a break from the game.  The last time I was using it, it was unusable for 2/3 specs iirc, and pets had not been implemented.  I didn't see anything after mid-July, I think, on the discussion, so I wasn't sure if any of that had happened.

Aug 23, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Xemnosyst is unable to continue working on it, so we're once again looking for a Warlock developer.

Aug 23, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Interesting.  Please forgive the likely stupid question, but how deep does the programming language need to be to work on this?  I have the time and class knowledge to figure this out if it's not heavy.  I know object-oriented in very basic terms.  I can learn a bit to fill in, but if the coding part is the problem with implementation, it probably doesn't make sense.

Again, I likely know the answer, but given that I'm more than willing, it's stupid not to ask.

Aug 23, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Aug 25, 2010 at 8:16 PM

You can see what's still unimplemented on the Warlock model page (click documentation at the top, then scroll down to the models link, the find Warlock).  Only the execute phase for Affliction (Demonology's is implemented) is really lacking.  Everything else on the todo list is either icing on the cake or minor enough that it shouldn't affect gear choices in any significant way.

For whoever takes over the project, I will be very happy to take them through the code I've written.

Aug 25, 2010 at 11:48 PM

thanks for all your efforts to get this up to shape.  you did A LOT to help make this class useable.