[Cat] Darkmoon Card: Greatness

Topics: Rawr.Cat
Sep 3, 2010 at 10:52 AM

Could someone tell me why RAWR would tell me that the Strength version is better then the Agility version of Darkmoon Card: Greatness on my Feral Cat?

Sep 3, 2010 at 12:21 PM
Edited Sep 3, 2010 at 12:23 PM

In before Posting Guildlines slam.

Oh yeah, I went there :P

If I were to guess the answer to your question though, I'd say that you probably have so much Agility in your other gear that you're suffering diminishing returns, thus Rawr is accounting for that and suggesting Strength instead...doesn't Feral still rely on Strength for baseline damage increase?

Sep 3, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Sorry for the noob mistake of not reading posting guidelines first.

I did search and found nothing that was connected or similar to this.

As far as I know.

Strength = Attack Power

Agility = Attack Power + Haste + Critical Strike Chance

If my knowledge is not right please correct me.

Sep 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM

You're right about the stats, but again, diminishing returns happen at a certain point, in which the Attack Power one would derive from Strength is more beneficial than continuing to stack Agility.  I'm pretty sure that's what's happening, but if you really want to throw down, open up a ticket on the Issue Tracker and upload your character's XML file.  Let us have a whack at it...worse that can happen is Astry yelling at you that 'you're doing it wrong!' :P

Sep 3, 2010 at 12:51 PM

I found this on elitistjerks.

Strength
1 Str = 2.37864 AP (2.616504 AP)

Agility
1 Agi = 1.18932 AP (1.308252 AP)
1 Agi = 0.0129744% Crit (0.01427184%)

I never knew strength gave more AP then agility does.

Sep 3, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Yup.  There was a time back in Vanilla and BC that you'd find Strength on leather gear...pissed off Rogues to no end :P.  And in Cata, it will be changed so that Strength becomes a null stat for Leather wearers...Agility will provide 2 AP per point.  So, if you want to plan for the future, the Agility version would be the way to go, but then in Cata, everything that's come before will be useless...

Coordinator
Sep 3, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Correct, especially at high levels, Str can beat Agi. Typically that starts happening when you're reaching one of the crit soft caps. It also can happen at especially low levels of gear as well. And Agi doesn't give haste.

Beyond that, what luckton said about posting guidelines is correct. If you want more of an answer, you'll have to follow them.

Sep 6, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Pretty sure that those numbers from my post on EJ's are still accurate, but I must admit I haven't updated or looked at that post in some time.