How to compile Rawr 4 ?

Topics: Rawr.Base
Oct 6, 2010 at 9:12 AM

Hi,

I'm currently trying to compile Rawr 4 and have some assembly reference error.

I've Visual Studio 2010 (for my professional work). I've download Silverlight4 SDK from microsoft and install it.

But when building Rawr4 I've a lot of :

The type or namespace name 'DataVisualization' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Windows.Controls' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

Is there some other tool that I must add to my visual studio installation ?

Thanks,

Faerian

Developer
Oct 6, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I think that you need to have the Silverlight4 toolkit for Visual Studio installed.  Not sure what the exact name is, but I'm pretty sure that the one I installed was either:

• Silverlight 4 Toolkit April 2010 Release; or, <-- or another version if there is one
  • Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010

Can't remember which one it was (not on my home PC), but that should fix your problem.

Oct 6, 2010 at 1:48 PM

It's Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010 that I have installed (which contains the SDK).

I hope that I don't need to remove older version of Visial Studio as I need them for some support.

Thanks

Developer
Oct 6, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Have you done everything listed here?

http://rawr.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=224143

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Thanks Jothay !

I've never seen this topic, I'll try it for Rawr 4.

Oct 7, 2010 at 1:09 PM

All works :)

Thanks Jothay

Nov 7, 2010 at 1:49 PM

I'm having similar problems. I have no experience with VS or coding in general. However when i go to build a solution so i an run rawr4 it says:

Error    1    The type or namespace name 'Media' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Windows' (are you missing an assembly reference?)    C:\Users\Sayonara\Desktop\Rawr-55083\Rawr.Base\Calculations.cs    447    59    Rawr.Base

This is just one of the 20 other errors. Not sure what to do... I've followed the instruction from http://rawr.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=224143 but no luck :(

Coordinator
Nov 7, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Sounds like you're missing some installations. Perhaps .NET 3.5/4, and/or Silverlight 4.

Nov 8, 2010 at 7:08 AM
Edited Nov 10, 2010 at 10:49 AM

I installed all of the, the SL4 tools, the April tools... the sdk... everything lol

If it matters I'm running Win7 x64.

Edit:

I dont think it matters, but when i load the solutions into VS2010 it requires a TFS account. I put in snd\radiku12__cp and it still won't let me in, so it goes offline mode.

Edit Once More...

With the latest build the warnings have gone away. Thanks for the "help".