Anonymous TFS access

Topics: Rawr.Base
Oct 12, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Hello

I'm trying to check out Rawr from TFS. I've followed the setup instructions from the source code tab. The detailed instructions mentions using the username listed when clicking on "Connection Instructions", but I don't see any username.

Basically I'm just trying to get anonymous, read-only access. I've tried with my own CodePlex account, which has no affiliation with the project here, but that doesn't work.

What obvious solution am I missing?

Thanks

Developer
Oct 12, 2010 at 3:31 PM

When you log into TFS your account info should be 'snd\Marius__cp' with your codeplex password.

Oct 12, 2010 at 3:41 PM
Edited Oct 12, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Hmm. I still get an error saying I've entered wrong credentials or that my account does not have permission to connect to the TFS. The password works on the website and, yes, I did use two underscores :)

Any suggestions?

Edit: Is it just the default port?

Oct 12, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Found the problem:

Note: You will only have permissions for connecting to the CodePlex Team Foundation Server if you have been added as a Coordinator or Developer to one or more CodePlex projects.

From http://codeplex.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Add%20a%20Team%20Foundation%20Server

So I guess I'll just stick to SVN.

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Correct, TFS is developer-only. For anonymous access, you need to either stick with SVN, or just download directly on the source code tab.