Cat Model

Topics: Rawr.Cat
Dec 22, 2010 at 6:29 PM
Edited Dec 22, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Astrylian, I was curious as to when the cat model will be updated to at least mostly ready.  I myself have noticed that the reforging seems to play more of a game of ping-pong.  For example, one item is telling me to reforge Crit > Haste and on the next piece of gear it tells me to reforge Haste > Crit.  Any idea why its having me ping-pong stats back and forth throughout my gear, seems like one change I make has me "fix" it on another piece.  So how accurate is this model at least with the math. Also on Elitist Jerks Feral-Cat thread there was some concerns about the discrepencies between rawr-cat model and mew.  Stating that rawr-cat favors haste over crit, and mew favors crit over haste.

The response on EJ was;  post #40

Dec 22, 2010 at 7:18 PM
Rawr.Cat is fully ready for use. I'm looking into the discrepancies between Rawr and Mews, but they're definitely very close, and I don't know that one is more right than the other yet. Regarding the haste/crit 'ping-ponging', thats probably due to haste softcaps. Haste has several breakpoints in it where it's actually a DPS *loss* for brief periods, due to Fury Swipes ICD.
Dec 22, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Thank you for the clarification with the haste info, keep up the good work!