Rawr Addon suggestion

Topics: Rawr.Addon
Jan 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Hi

I have tested the addon and love it also like the idea of the custom sound in the up coming version. i would like

to also put a suggestion That we have 2 window/tabs to import upgrades from rawr as a off-spec also this other tab/window

can be used for upgrade for other character you might have.

Developer
Jan 13, 2011 at 8:36 PM
Edited Jan 13, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Data for addon is stored per character so exporting then importing optimised data & upgrade lists is designed to work on the character you are logged into. As naturally the upgrade list for each character is going to be very different. Data for an off-spec is a possible however I'm not sure we have support for off-spec's in Rawr at present so that might be tricky.

What you might be looking for is the optimiser "Build upgrade list" import that as I understand it produces lists for different specs. Not entirely sure how it is all meant to work as I'd never used that feature myself (no patience to let it run) and dislike running dual specs on my characters. If I ever need to switch role I switch character never switch spec. So I don't know exactly how different spec stuff works with the optimiser although I know it does especially for the classes where different spec means different way of doing stuff rather than different role (Healer, tank, ranged, melee).

Developer
Jan 13, 2011 at 9:08 PM

No, Build Upgrade List only works on the single Character at that spec. Batch Tools is what works on multiple specs by opening multiple Character files.

Feature Requests belong in the Issue Tracker per the Posting Guidelines.

Jan 14, 2011 at 12:59 AM
Edited Jan 14, 2011 at 1:11 AM

perhaps another way to word it is:

1) open Rawr, load my protpally- build an upgrade list, and import it in game. (and have it 'ding' when good stuff drops. kewl, thats what I understand it can/would do)
2) can I then open a different saved Rawr file "for my Ret Pally" , build an upgrade list, and them import it into game (clicking on something like 'offspec list'), and have it 'dong' when good stuff drops ???

I dont think the question was to have Rawr do any dual spec math, or anything.  but to have 2 seperate upgradelists stored in the Rawr-addon.  from two seperate runs of Rawr.

(just as an fyi- the old LootPlan addon did do this.  it simply asked for a label when you imported a 'list'  - Label1 = Main spec, Label2 = "off spec" for example.)

opps yeah this should be in the Issue Tracker as a request, damn. - ticket created - http://rawr.codeplex.com/workitem/19691

Developer
Jan 14, 2011 at 1:03 AM

What you describe is a good idea but lets make sure all the single spec stuff works first. We'll continue this from the Isuue Tracker post you are going to make.

Jan 14, 2011 at 4:16 PM
fyre wrote:

perhaps another way to word it is:

1) open Rawr, load my protpally- build an upgrade list, and import it in game. (and have it 'ding' when good stuff drops. kewl, thats what I understand it can/would do)
2) can I then open a different saved Rawr file "for my Ret Pally" , build an upgrade list, and them import it into game (clicking on something like 'offspec list'), and have it 'dong' when good stuff drops ???

I dont think the question was to have Rawr do any dual spec math, or anything.  but to have 2 seperate upgradelists stored in the Rawr-addon.  from two seperate runs of Rawr.

(just as an fyi- the old LootPlan addon did do this.  it simply asked for a label when you imported a 'list'  - Label1 = Main spec, Label2 = "off spec" for example.)

opps yeah this should be in the Issue Tracker as a request, damn. - ticket created - http://rawr.codeplex.com/workitem/19691

This is 100% correct what i Mean. :D