More Set Bonuses Planned?

Topics: Retired
May 13, 2008 at 5:35 PM
I was curious if there were more set bonuses planned. Specifically, for feral druids, the Primalstrike set (+40 AP) is still a decent gear set. Any chance some additional ones such as this could be added?
Coordinator
May 13, 2008 at 5:39 PM
Ah, thought we had that one, sorry. I'll get that added. Any others?
Coordinator
May 13, 2008 at 8:01 PM
The Wyrmhide set for boomkins has yet to be implemented.  The logic behind that one is a little bit unusual, and only one or two of the selectable rotations actually uses it.
May 14, 2008 at 12:05 PM
Here are the 3 extra set bonuses I usually add to BuffCache.xml for my feral druid.

It should be noted that these set bonuses require leatherworking, which is currently not a selectable option. (Primalstrike also requires Elemental Leatherworking to even equip the items.)

  <Buff>
    <Name>Primalstrike 3 Piece Bonus</Name>
    <Category>SetBonuses</Category>
    <Stats>
      <AttackPower>40</AttackPower>
    </Stats>
    <Type>LongDurationNoDW</Type>
    <ConflictingBuffs />
    <SetName>Primal Intent</SetName>
    <SetThreshold>3</SetThreshold>
  </Buff>
  <Buff>
    <Name>Heavy Clefthoof 3 Piece Bonus</Name>
    <Category>SetBonuses</Category>
    <Stats>
      <Strength>20</Strength>
    </Stats>
    <Type>LongDurationNoDW</Type>
    <ConflictingBuffs />
    <SetName>Strength of the Clefthoof</SetName>
    <SetThreshold>3</SetThreshold>
  </Buff>
    <Buff>
    <Name>Fel Leather 3 Piece Bonus</Name>
    <Category>SetBonuses</Category>
    <Stats>
      <Dodge>20</Dodge>
    </Stats>
    <Type>LongDurationNoDW</Type>
    <ConflictingBuffs />
    <SetName>Fel Skin</SetName>
    <SetThreshold>3</SetThreshold>
  </Buff>
Coordinator
May 14, 2008 at 4:19 PM
Thanks. :)
May 15, 2008 at 8:51 AM


dopefish wrote:
The Wyrmhide set for boomkins has yet to be implemented.  The logic behind that one is a little bit unusual, and only one or two of the selectable rotations actually uses it.


If you need help in theorizing dont hestitate to start a discussion with me as i am really eagger to have that set properly included in Rawr :)

For now, i d say only rotations that use it efficiently are the ones with heavy wrath spaming so mainly :
- wrath spam
- MF/wrath spam
- MF/IS/wrath spam

With that kind of rotation, when the 4-pieces bonus procs, it just means you will cast a starfire instead of a wrath when you should cast your next wrath. And seen wrath and starfire with the 4 pieces proc have same casting time, it just means applying starfire-like damage instead of wrath-like damage to the cast...

Not sure if i am that clear nor that if it helps you implementing it.

Keep up the good work ! :)


May 15, 2008 at 1:22 PM


jjacko wrote:

With that kind of rotation, when the 4-pieces bonus procs, it just means you will cast a starfire instead of a wrath when you should cast your next wrath. And seen wrath and starfire with the 4 pieces proc have same casting time, it just means applying starfire-like damage instead of wrath-like damage to the cast...

I'd suggest that when Wyrmhide procs, you should replace your first wrath after your next cast with SF.  If it procs and your very next cast was going to be a wrath, you should have already begun that cast by the time you realize you've gotten the proc.  I don't believe that canceling the in-progress wrath is a good idea.
Coordinator
May 15, 2008 at 8:35 PM
It won't be that easy, I'm afraid.  Since Rawr is not a simulator, I can't just say, "When Wrath procs the set bonus, replace a Wrath cast with a Starfire".  I'd need to find out the typical proc rate, figure out how many Wrath casts would be replaced with Starfires, and adjust the variables accordingly.  I make it sound easy, but thinking about the code structure, I'm not liking what I'm coming up with.  But I will try.
May 15, 2008 at 9:48 PM


dopefish wrote:
It won't be that easy, I'm afraid.  Since Rawr is not a simulator, I can't just say, "When Wrath procs the set bonus, replace a Wrath cast with a Starfire".  I'd need to find out the typical proc rate, figure out how many Wrath casts would be replaced with Starfires, and adjust the variables accordingly.  I make it sound easy, but thinking about the code structure, I'm not liking what I'm coming up with.  But I will try.



I think the reported proc-rate is 15%.  So it should occur every 1/.15 = 6.67 casts.

For wrath-spam you'd have the one-cast delay before SF.  So an average of 7.67 Wrath casts between SF casts.  Or one out every 8.67 casts is an SF.  If average SF damage is 80% more than average Wrath damage, I think you could just up DPS by *= (1 + .8/8,67), with a corresponding increase in mana per second.

For a DoT+Wrath rotation, there is a chance that the proc is right before a DoT refresh, meaning the next Wrath CAN be replaced with SF.  So, for example, IS MF Wr*6, you still get 1/6.67 wrath casts give you the proc, but you don't always need to throw in an extra Wrath in-between

MF IS Wr(proc) Wr SF Wr ...

but

Wr(proc) MF IS SF Wr ...

If this is a 6-Wrath rotation, there is a 5/6 chance that a proc use will come after another Wrath, and a 1/6 chance that it won't.  So it seems like there will be an average of 6.67 + 5/6 = 7.5 wraths between each SF.

There are probably additional complications figuring out whether or not the final SF in a sequence gets Unseen Moon, or T5 bonuses.  However you have to worry about that even when there is no Wyrmhide bonus (and I guess you can't have 4-piece from both T5 and Wyrmnide, anyway).
May 16, 2008 at 8:24 AM
From my own extensive testings, I can confirm what Erdluf said :
15% proc rate and *no* internal cooldown.

And what he described about sequences is exactly what is done, thanks for explaining it that clearly Erdluf :)
Jun 12, 2008 at 4:29 PM
Edited Jun 12, 2008 at 4:30 PM
Any news about this dopefish ?