Request: Preferred Gems

Topics: Retired
May 15, 2008 at 7:18 PM
One of the things I hate about upgrading to a new version of Rawr is that I have to recreate my gem preferences for all the gear (specifically using Rawr: Mage). The default gemming selections, often include INT and SPI gems in the mix, and almost always have Spellpower+Spell Crit (orange) gems, rather than Spellpower+Spell Hit gems.

What I'd like to suggest is some sort of option to select "Preferred" gems: You select your preferred gem type for each slot colour (Red, Yellow, Blue, Meta), and Rawr then goes through, removes all other gem options, and gems according to your preferences.

Even better would be to have an option to set specific gemming patterns: so for instance, you could tell it to create duplicates of all gemmed items with nothing but +9 Spellpower red gems. This could be done with an interface that presents 3 empty gem slots, numbered 1, 2, and 3. Whatever you pick for each slot, is then placed into that slot number on any item with gem slots. If it doesn't have enough slots (say and item with only one slot), it only places your selection for slot #1.

This would make it easy to wipe the default gem selections, and then create a limited set of specific gemming patterns to play with.
Coordinator
May 15, 2008 at 7:33 PM
Indeed, we have a plan for solving this need, for b15.
May 15, 2008 at 8:31 PM
Great to hear. Thanks!