bear idols in 14/14.1

Topics: Retired
May 15, 2008 at 9:06 PM

I see only 3 available bear idols (raven goddess, white stag, terror).   It seems that other idols (idol of the wild, idol of ursoc etc) must generate threat and be worth analyzing? 

Is this the expected behavior?  I do see the item(s) in the item editor, though Idol of the Wild has zero BonusMangleBearDamage and zero % Mangle (Bear) Threat.  Perhaps this is the problem?

Do I have an override to add items to the list of chooseable idols for a bear?

Sorry if this is covered in documentation somewhere which I haven't yet found. (I'm trying RAWR for the first time, starting with version 14b.)
May 15, 2008 at 10:29 PM
Ah, good point. Those idols aren't worth using at all, but yeah, they should be there for comparison sake. If you goto the item editor, delete them, and re-add them, it'll work. (Copy the ID#, delete, add, paste the ID#)
May 16, 2008 at 9:22 PM

I couldn't get Idol of Brutality to work with the re-add trick you mention above.  I also didn't see a BonusSwipe/BonusMaul field to edit myself.

I was able to get Idol of the Wild and Idol of Ursoc in by editing the Misc/BonusLacerate and Misc/BonusMangle* item fields. 

Aside: are these Idols really not worth considering?  When I put them in, they outscored the other Idols except Idol of the White Stag (Black Temple).  As a 5-man Heroic Bear, I'm interested in how these non-raiding Idols do.  For reference, here are the scores that were generated in case there is a problem with the threat calculation:

WhiteStag    196.70
Ursoc          146.56
Wild            128.98
Terror           66.92
Raven Gddss 42.62

May 16, 2008 at 9:39 PM
Sure, if you only care about Threat. Terror provides a proc that gives a *ton* of mitigation, and a bit of survival, completely dominating all the other idols if you care about mitigation at all. That proc is up about 70% of the time. See the temporary buff for it to see.
May 16, 2008 at 11:05 PM
Ah, I think I see. 

I can't get the Mitigation buff to show up on the Idol of Terror itself, so I don't notice it when I am comparing Idols.  I do see it if I look at Chart: Buffs > Current Buffs though.

Maybe that would be a useful thing for a future release; either:

1) an indicator that an item is tied to a temporary buff (and that buff is on/off) similar to the green optimizer diamond.
    1a) possibly a clock which would let you set the % uptime for the buff.
2) or a 4th graphical column besides Mitigation/Survival/Threat which shows temporary buffs due to that item.

Also, thanks for all the help.