Rawr.Mage: Please add Spell Hit Rating to optimizer

Topics: Retired
May 21, 2008 at 3:34 PM
Simple request, but I'm sure it won't be simple to code. Since I need to maintain 164 spell hit rating (yes, the 126 cap bug has been fixed), it would be great to add that as an optimizer condition where I can say "Optimize for max spell damage but maintain Spell Hit Rating >= 164).

I find myself struggling to maintain my 164 since so far all I have is Kara and pre-Kara gear and craftables, andmost of the new Sunwell & badge loot stuff has spell haste but no spell hit rating. Anything that can help me deal with this would help a lot. Of course, this would help other classes too, like Moonkins, Retribution pallys and Warlocks to an extent.
Coordinator
May 21, 2008 at 4:55 PM
Edited May 21, 2008 at 4:56 PM
I've seen a few people say that the ghost hit on EP was fixed, but as far as I can tell, that's just a silly rumor, and all testing has shown that it's still there. Got any evidence to support that it's fixed?

Regardless, capping spell hit is not necessarily the best way to gear. Just optimize for DPS, and let it choose the right amount of spell hit. (Unless you're trying to build a set for tanking Maulgar Mage or something, and don't want any spellsteal resists?)
May 25, 2008 at 12:51 AM
No, the EP bug has not been fixed. 126 is still the cap for frost.

And as Astrylian said, dps is dps. Spell hit (to cap) > all does not mean you should take 1 spell hit over 20 dmg.