Rawr.Mage Arcane spell sequences

Topics: Retired
May 23, 2008 at 6:02 PM
Rawr.Mage models some sequences like
AB-Frostbolt-AB-Frostbolt-AB-Frostbolt-Frostbolt-Frostbolt

But it doesn't model
AB-AB-AB-Frostbolt-Frostbolt-Frostbolt

I understand the 3 Frostbolts in sequence - they're there to allow the AB debuff to drop off (starting the next AB before the debuff drops off, but finishing it after it drops off). What's the purpose of injecting Frostbolts in between the stacking AB casts?

I'd like to see sequences like AB-(filler), AB-AB-(filler), AB-AB-AB-(filler).  They'll give more options for dps vs mana use.
Coordinator
May 23, 2008 at 6:09 PM
Chaining ABs gives only the downside, not the upside, of the previous AB to the next. You don't have the AB debuff from the last cast when you start the next cast. Thus, you put a FB between them, to give time for the server to give you the AB debuff.
May 23, 2008 at 9:18 PM
OK, so you could wait between each AB cast for the debuff, but then you introduce (2xlatency) + human reaction time to each cast.  Clearly not a good sequence either.

There's a sequence that has AB-Frostbolt-Frostbolt-pause, but no AB-Frostbolt-Frostbolt-Frostbolt.  Can that be added?

The second-to-last AB sequence says ABFrB3FrBSc, but the tooltip says AB-Frostbolt-AB-Frostbolt-AB-Frostbolt-Frostbolt-Frostbolt. Which is correct?
Coordinator
May 23, 2008 at 10:33 PM

Dejahthoris wrote:
OK, so you could wait between each AB cast for the debuff, but then you introduce (2xlatency) + human reaction time to each cast.  Clearly not a good sequence either.

There's a sequence that has AB-Frostbolt-Frostbolt-pause, but no AB-Frostbolt-Frostbolt-Frostbolt.  Can that be added?

The second-to-last AB sequence says ABFrB3FrBSc, but the tooltip says AB-Frostbolt-AB-Frostbolt-AB-Frostbolt-Frostbolt-Frostbolt. Which is correct?

I believe that one is dynamic, in that if you've got enough haste, the last spell'll be a frostbolt, otherwise it'll be a scorch.