Status of RestoSham model?

Topics: Rawr.RestoSham
Dec 17, 2011 at 8:00 AM

Just curious what the status of the RestoSham model is, as I've seen several posts over the last 6 months that indicated it was being rewritten.  I'm asking because of the several "oddities" that have been hanging around for a while, such as:

Rotation options are HW and LHW, no GHW option available.

Many items' secondary effects seem to be completely ignored.  Sets of trinkets all ranked the same due to their identical Intellect, ignoring their secondary effects, some of which are dps specific.  (One set is Cunning of the Cruel (dps), Insignia of the Corrupted Mind (dps), Seal of the Seven Signs, Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor (dps), & Windward Heart; all 458 Intellect, all ranked the same.)

Meta gems are all wonky, with Revitalizing Shadowspirit (54 Spirit/3% Crit Heal) ranked the same as Revitalizing Skyflare (22 Spirit/3% Crit Heal), seemingly ranked solely on the Crit Heal effect without regard to the differing Spirit values.  Burning, Bracing, Ember, and Forlorn Shadowspirit are also all ranked the same, based on their 54 Intellect, without regard to their secondary effects.

Any one of these issues individually seems minor and easily worked around, but taken together, they make me start to question my faith in the model as a whole.

Dec 17, 2011 at 4:21 PM

The last check in for RestoSham was back at the end of October.  It has a "mostly" status which suggests that it should work in most situations, but clearly as you say there are issues.  I'd say, write them up, and hopefully Antivyris will get crackin' on them.

Dec 17, 2011 at 6:54 PM

OK, thanks.  I've been kind of ticket-happy lately, so I figured I'd ask informally before I made it all ticket-official.

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:47 PM

Yeah, in october the other restosham dev went MIA, so I was left with a hideous amalgamation of half-implimented code that was to be the new model over the old LHW/GHW model.  I'm in the painstaking process of re-writing it to better use the boss handler, since, really, we don't use 'rotations' anymore, we use reactive healing per situation.  The meta gems I think are also going off 150% crit, so I'm in the process of moving it to marginally useful till I get it updated.  Honestly, I'd stick with the current gearing choice of int/spir and then your preferred secondary, as there isn't a lot of math out there as to which secondary stat is best in the long run. 

That said, any ideas you have, this would be the best time to put in tickets for em, or to upload patches.