Masterfrost Rotation Help

Topics: Developer's Corner [Devs Only], Rawr.DPSDK
Dec 19, 2011 at 7:18 AM

I've been throwing some code Shazear's way trying to help get a Masterfrost rotation into the DPSDK module.  My first attempt, after a tweak, was decent.  It picked all the right gear, but the wrong reforging.  I believe I've figured out why, but unfortunetly I also think I need a completely different algorithm to solve it.  I'm not a great math guy, so I'm hoping by sharing the problem somebody else will see how to solve it.

The problem is how to best use 4 resources: runes, runic power, rime procs and gcds.  Here's a sample table of ability costs to choose from.

Runes R.P. Rimes GCDs Value
OB     -2   30   .72   -1    53
FS    .45  -32     0   -1    52 
HBr     0   10     1   -1    32
HB     -1   20     0   -1    32

And, again for example, the solver might be given 27.5 runes, 36.4 rp and 64 gcds to start with.  There must be some generalized kind of algorithm that can come up with an optimal solution, right?

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2011 at 7:23 AM
Edited Dec 19, 2011 at 7:24 AM

It's a linear program, we have a solver for it in Rawr, although for such a small one you could also special case it. The solver is in mage model only at the moment, but I could move it to base.

Developer
Dec 19, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I could use the state generator and move it over to that.  I think it's feasible.

At least we got something started.  The stat graph looked appropriate for the most part what we would expect from this kind of rotation.