[ProtWarr] Recommendations

Topics: Retired
Jun 6, 2008 at 1:01 AM
I downloaded Rawr a couple weeks ago and have been using the protection warrior and mage models.  My tank is my main character and my guild has been working on Illidan.  Anyway, I was looking through the discussions but could find no mention of two specific ideas:
First, Executioner is not listed as a possible enchant to the warrior's weapon.  Many end-game warriors choose this enchant for the added threat it provides, and it would be nice to have it as an option in Rawr for overall optimization.
Also, the newest Meta gem from 2.4 (eternal earthstorm diamond) is not in the current Rawr.  The 12 def/10% block value meta is a very nice mitigation gem and it would be nice to select that for optimizing a mitigation set.
Lastly, especially for sunwell, many warriors are prioritizing parry rating over dodge.  One trinket from ZA (Ancient Aqir Artifact) has to be added manually, which is what I did, but I'm sure other warriors would like to see it integrated into Rawr.  It's been fun using Rawr so far.  Keep up the good work.  Any plans for a fury warrior dps model?  :P
Jun 6, 2008 at 4:47 AM
The Executioner enchant I can't help with, but the Eternal Earthstorm Diamond is easily added manually - just add itemID 35501.  The same goes for the AAA, it's itemID is 33830.

I'm sure that the Rawr database will continue to be updated with the new and somewhat-rare items as new releases are put out.  In the meantime you just need to add items manually :-)

I will upload my itemCache,xml as an "updated" one as an issue, there's quite a bit of new gear out there since the latest Rawr update, and I'm sure some of you guys will want to use it.