Optimize Requirements

Topics: Retired
Aug 20, 2008 at 8:01 AM
I'm not sure if I've been setting the optimization requirements incorrectly.  Every time I set a Greater Than or Equal To requirement, the optimizer seems to bug out and give a bad optimization.  The Less Than or Equal To requirement works just fine.  I've tried different types of requirements (Haste Rating, Expertise Rating, etc) and it still turns out very weirdly.  I'm trying to use RAWR to find the optimal Bear Tanking set while keeping the Hit Rating above a certain threshold.  Any input would be appreciated.
Aug 20, 2008 at 3:45 PM
You'd probably want to optimize Overall Rating, with an additional requirement of Missed Attacks <= 20% (or whatever scalar you feel appropriate), if you just care about landing the first few attacks, or Hit Rating > 100 (or whatever scalar you feel appropriate) if you care more about taunt resists.

If you still get results you don't think are right, please post the character file and exact requirements used, and we can take a look.
Aug 20, 2008 at 4:24 PM
I still seem to be having the same issue with any >= requirements.  When the optimization works correctly, the bottom left corner of the optimization screen shows the overall points as it searches through the gear.  When I use a Greater than or Equal for some number like 45, all I see as the optimization searches is -45.  It also finishes the optimization in about 8 seconds, much quicker than it should.  I'm not sure if this is just my computer, I'll try and reinstall the software again.
Aug 20, 2008 at 5:57 PM
Negative values mean that it's short by that much in trying to find a set that meets the requirements. Again, please post the character and exact requirements that it's not able to meet.