Bug re Greaves of Malorne Cat DPS?

Topics: Retired
Sep 4, 2008 at 10:34 AM
Hi, firstly let me say thanks for creating and enhancing a great tool!

I have a couple of points for review that I first noticed in b15 and are still there in b16:

1)  The Greaves of Malorne are shown as by far and away the best Cat DPS leggings, beating many items with far better basic stats.  Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

2)  It would be great to include the +2 threat enchant on gloves.

Many thanks..and keep up the great work :)
Sep 4, 2008 at 10:42 AM
Hmmm...the 2t4 +20 energy chance maybe?  Surely it's not worth that much DPS increase?
Sep 4, 2008 at 2:43 PM
The 2-piece T4 is worth almost 90 DPS in my gear. Yes, the DPS increase is that big (and scales with better gear).
Sep 4, 2008 at 3:44 PM
Yes, 2T4 is huge, and should be used until after you've been farming Kil'Jaeden for a while.

2% threat too gloves is not a good enchant for ferals. For comparison, it's quite easy to tell the value of it; just find 2% of your total TPS.
Sep 4, 2008 at 4:08 PM
Both; thanks for such a swift response and comprehensive too.  I'll surely be keeping 2t4 for cat at least for some time to come...

yeah..I have +15agi on my gloves atm, but continue to have real difficulty remaining at the top of all the mobs threat list when tanking 3 or more mobs.  It was that problem that prompted me to ask the question.  I realise that this is not the place to discuss aggro retention issues - and also suspect that it's more to do with my gameplay than anything else..just wanted to note why I had asked the Q; that's all :)
Sep 4, 2008 at 5:56 PM
Yeah, pretty much any time any feral has asked about 2% Threat, it's because they're not using their skills as well as they could. Additionally, if you're gemming all stam, that also hurts your TPS too. Against 3 mobs, you want to to Mangle every time it's up, and fit 3 swipes in between each mangle. Same thing against 2 mobs. Against 1, you want to Lacerate instead of Swipe, unless your Swipes do more TPS than Lacerate (that happens when you get 4T6, or a bit later depending upon gemming).