Mac Version?

Topics: Retired
Dec 11, 2008 at 7:56 PM
Sorry if this has been asked a hundred times, I looked, but I did not see anything about this question..

Is there a version of Rawr that works with Macs?  Because I really want to use Rawr (a friend of mine uses it and raves about it!) but I am a Mac user, so I need a non-windows version?  Help?
Dec 11, 2008 at 9:12 PM
Rawr will work on 10.4, 10.5 OS X with Mono installed

/usr/bin/mono Rawr.exe

Dec 11, 2008 at 10:06 PM
Thank you for your help.  Apparently the newest version of Mono will not allow me to run Rawr with it, but I can use it with Bootcamp.

:)  Thanks again!
Dec 11, 2008 at 10:44 PM
Edited Dec 11, 2008 at 10:46 PM
This has probably been explained before, but once i download Mono (2.0.1 as of now) and open terminal, how do i 'navigate to where you unzipped rawr'. I have 10.5 so the Rawr folder pops up in my download folder(i suppose my computer must have unzipped it automaticlly?): how am i supposed to get there? :)

PS. When i tried a file>find for mono, nothing related to it comes up except the original unzipped file. (Even after i've installed it). 
Dec 13, 2008 at 4:13 PM
The answer is for you to do a bit of RTFM. Here is a very short version.

The Mono package you downloaded contains an installer. Once you have run that installer, mono is there, but it's not an application. To check it has been correctly installed, open a terminal window and type the "mono --version" command. The output should display the version number of the installed mono (and some other info).

At that point, you download and uncompress Rawr. This gives you a directory within which the file Rawr.exe is the one to be launched with Mono. To do so, open a terminal window and type the command "mono Rawr.exe". (you will want to change to current directory beforehand).

I agree some kind of GUI for all that would be nice. I'm sure this will come in time.

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:23 PM
jdmuys, he was just asking how to move between folders in Terminal. :)

'cd ..' goes up a folder. 'cd FolderName' goes into a folder named FolderName.
Dec 14, 2008 at 1:13 AM
Ok, i finally got that workin =P. However now i am faced with a different problem: I have navigated to the Rawr folder, and mono is installed (definately), but when i type 'mono Rawr.exe', Terminal goes to a new line (with nothing on it), fades out (as if opening another program), the header of Terminal goes from 'Terminal -- bash -- 80x24' to 
'Terminal -- mono -- 80x24'.  nothing else happens and it sends me to a new line with the directory of the folder im in.
Im running a 3 year old iMac  with 10.4.11, perhaps it just doesnt work on my system?