Gear you have equipped should AUTO-"Available for Optimizer"

Topics: Rawr.Base.Optimizer
Jan 12, 2009 at 7:56 AM
After trying to find an answer to this at EJ, the Issue Tracker, and this forum, I still have no idea how Optimize is intended to be used. Although I love what Rawr is trying to do, I can't help but find the program itself incredibly unintuitive and clunky. Hopefully you guys will be able to get some better documentation up for newbs like me.

From these two issue tracker threads there seems to be a disconnect between the author and the users:

The issue:
To optimize you should click the diamonds next to all the gear you currently have in your possession so it can find the best possible combination. However, this set of "possessions" always resets when you reload your character from the Armory. So you have to go back to "Chart: Current Gear/Enchants/Buffs" and manually check off each and every item you have once again...this is frustrating and annoying.

So, someone suggested that it automatically check off all the gear you have when you reload the armory. This makes total sense right? The armor you have equipped are obviously items you have "available". However, Astrylian responds in this thread:

"Again, no. The more items you have available, the slower and more inaccurate the optimizer is. Do *not* mark everything as available. Select only items which are potentially useful."

Err...what? The guy is suggesting that all currently equipped gear imported from the Armory be auto-checked so that you don't have to do it every time. Also, it should SAVE all of the items you've ever checked even after reloading your character. I have about 7-8 trinkets in my bank that I have to look up every time I reload my character, just to add it to the "available" list so it's counted when optimizing. Can you please make it save your "checks" between sessions? And yes, I know there is a "save character" option. It still resets your checks every time you reload your character.
Jan 12, 2009 at 2:09 PM
Edited Jan 12, 2009 at 2:10 PM
Not saying that your suggestion is not good, I think it is great and hopefully Astrylian will do something like this.

Meanwhile you could use rpgo-Character Profiler and save your character data and then import this from within Rawr (File => Load from Character Profiler).

This way you would have a profile where every single piece of armor you own is checked. Unfortunately this does not put a check (diamond) next to the enchants you already have or the gems you are already wearing but at least it saves you a lot of time.
Jan 12, 2009 at 4:49 PM
There are two things going on here:

A) Marking gear equipped on the Armory as available. That's a great suggestion, and is already done, and will be in the next version.

B) Available items being 'reset' when reloading from the Armory, or re-opening your character, or really ever. This is a bug. I've heard of a few people encountering this, but I've never been able to reproduce it. Can anyone give more details about this bug? How do you make it 'reset' your available items? When you say reset, are we understanding the same thing (all available items are cleared; nothing is marked available)?
Jan 12, 2009 at 7:17 PM
I'll do a few tests today when I get home from work, but yes -

You have a character open with a bunch of diamonds checked as available.
You go into the menu and click "Reload Character from Armory"
ALL your diamonds are now cleared (not available)

I'm not sure if it's reset when loading a saved character. I don't think it is. It's mainly reloading the character from the armory.
Jan 13, 2009 at 6:29 AM
I recently responded to Issue #2309, which has to do with this, including how I am able to reproduce it 100%.
Jan 15, 2009 at 12:58 AM
1. I load my character from the Armory
2. I choose buffs, fight duration and stuff
2. I select available items
3. I optimize -> my gear gets changed
4. Now I reload my character from the armory (in order to get my old gear back)
5. The buffs, fight duration and stuff stay as they should, but the available items get cleared/unselected.

Happens to me every time...

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:02 AM
Already been fixed.