Bear ratings - mitigation+survival sorting

Topics: Rawr.Bear
May 24, 2009 at 6:25 AM

Maybe this is just me...  Playing around with possible upgrades and, as it always annoys me losing chunks of mitigation and/or survival for threat (it's the principle of the matter really, even when it really is a solid upgrade), I tend to poke my calculator quite often to compare non-threat values.  While doing so tonight, it occurred to me that while we can sort by Mitigation/Survival/Threat, we can't sort by combinations of the three.  In particular I'm considering Mitigation+Survival, the "I don't wanna die" values rather than the "I don't want that aggrobait of a DPS to die" one.  Would it be at all possible to get a M+S sorting option for the bear module (and possibly other tanks? don't know how variable the three stats are for other modules since they're not sporting rogue gear)?  :-)

May 24, 2009 at 12:23 PM

You should select in the 'options' tab the preferred threat value.

• None: Threat has no value at all
  • MT: Reasonable amount of threat, well balanced
  • OT: Somehow this requests high amounts of threat, even though an OT has plenty of time to build its threat in my opinion
  • Crazy about threat: Title says it all
  • Custom value

With threat set to None, and sorting the table for Overall value, you should get the desired result.

Do note that I am using version 2.2.2 since 2.2.4 doesn't work for me. I assume it is the same but have no method to check that.

May 24, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Hm.  I'd missed that option (brain too solidly set into the MT role I suspect, saw "MT" and missed the threat line).  That works fairly well I s'pose, though still being able to see the threat values would be nice, thanks for pointing it out.  :-)