gear for death knights

Topics: Rawr.DPSDK
May 25, 2009 at 9:13 PM

with the new update to 2.2.5 how is t7and7.5 gear better then all other plate gear that matches those slots besides the helm?

May 25, 2009 at 9:34 PM

bah i take that back the t8.5 is better then t7.5 lol

but its wierd depending on your gear

May 26, 2009 at 2:52 PM

Whether or not a piece of gear is better than another one usually depends on your spec and the other gear you have.

Pieces that would grant set bonuses (for example, you have one or three pieces of your T7 or T8 set) will appear to be overvalued than other items for that slot since equipping those pieces would grant the set bonus.  Likewise, if you have two or four pieces of a set, those items will appear to be overvalued compared to other pieces because replacing those items would break the set and you would never receive that bonus.

May 26, 2009 at 4:45 PM

I will say I am seeing some funky optimizier results with 2.2.5 in DPSDK. I have gotten suggestions to replace +16 str gems for other gems that still don't meet socket bonuses and result in lower DPS. I've also been suggested to replace my T7.5 gloves with T8 gloves, even though this resultsin sizable loss of DPS due to losing the T7 4pc bonus. And other random whackiness with regemming suggesting I regem gear to meet socket bonuses, and then once that optimization has been selected, it will resuggest the former.

May 26, 2009 at 7:11 PM

That's odd behavior.  Unless it's a known issue (the devs would know), you might want to add an issue via the Issue Tracker and attach your character's XML file.