Tank comparison

Topics: Rawr.Bear, Rawr.ProtPaladin, Rawr.ProtWarr, Rawr.TankDK
Jun 17, 2009 at 7:27 AM

Is it possible to compare the values of diffent kinds of tanks with the values given from Rawr? I've been messing around a bit and the druid and the pala seem somewhat close together, but the warrior has a mitigation lead by around 500k. seems a bit unfair :P

haven't been using rawr for that long so don't know if the values are only for comparing with the same class and not cross-classing.

thanks in advance :)

Coordinator
Jun 17, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Kind of. Survival should be comparable, Mitigation may be at least close, if models use the same mitigation scalar. I believe ProtWarr and ProtPaladin allow you to change the mitigation scalar, and setting them to 1x may make them be on the same scale as each other, and bear, but I'm not positive off-hand.

No matter what though, you won't be able to make fine grain comparisons, you'll only be able to make generalizations like "A is way better geared than B".

Developer
Jun 17, 2009 at 7:56 PM

I agree w/ Astrylian.  The TankDK stuff is going through a massive re-work as I get the Talents implemented and shuffling stuff around.  It may be a good discussion amongst the dev team to have a base-line model for all the Tanks but not sure what that would look like at this point.