Manually Applying Patches

Topics: Rawr.Base
Jun 17, 2009 at 9:16 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2009 at 9:31 PM

Hey all, sorry for my ignorance, but I can't figure out how to apply one of the patches. I understand the building from source code part, and it works great with Visual C# Express, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to patch the source code. I tried using Cygwin but I don't know the commands. Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.S. The patch I'm referring to is Lord Helmchen's Elemental patch, ID 2993.

P.P.S. I have TortoiseSVN installed, and I tried right-clicking Elemental.Patch and selecting "Apply patch..." but it gives me an error message: The line indicating the new file was expected in line 2 ! Doing it the long way by actually opening TortoiseMerge isn't working either.

Jun 18, 2009 at 5:34 AM

You don't need to apply or handle any patches. You just get the source code. Unless you are a developer, you have no need for SVN. Just download the source code, from the Source Code tab of the site.

Jun 18, 2009 at 3:13 PM

To apply a patch generated using diff you need to use the "patch" command,

If this is not available in your cygwin installation then you need to run the cygwin installer again and select it from the list.

Jun 18, 2009 at 10:33 PM

While you *can* use patches, you shouldn't; you have no need to.

Jul 6, 2009 at 4:29 PM

any word on when the Lord Helmchen patch is going to be integrated?   if you want, I can give you the patch in SVN compatible format.

Jul 7, 2009 at 2:24 AM

What patch # is it?

Jul 7, 2009 at 6:05 AM

patch 2993