Elemental shaman

Topics: Rawr.Elemental
Jul 4, 2009 at 4:27 AM
Edited Jul 4, 2009 at 4:29 AM

Thanks for a very nice program.

But im having some issues with the elemental profiler.

Despite going thrue all the options, i just cant get it to give me a proper dps calculation. Im at 2700sp self buffed, yet the calculator claims i only do 2600dps. When i infact do roughly 4.3k

There also seems to be some issues regarding the items, the values of a lot of items just seem flawed. Theres several items with less dps stats that are given a higher score than clearly better items.

Example, Spectral seal of the prophet: 51sp is rated higher than Band of Guile: 50haste 59sp

Crit, why is that stat valued so much? from what i see its rated a lot higher than haste.

Why are some items given a negative score?

Any help would be appreciated

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2009 at 7:15 AM

Unfortunately, we have no Elemental dev at the moment, so Rawr.Elemental is in dire need of fixes and improvements. It's pretty useless at the moment.

Jul 4, 2009 at 7:17 AM

Aha, thanks for the clarification =) i was sure i was doing something wrong.

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:28 AM

So when can we expect an ele shaman dev?

Developer
Jul 5, 2009 at 5:01 AM

When someone with the appropriate knowledge set that plays an Elemental Shaman and has the spare time and patience to become the dev and actually *knows* about Rawr comes out of the woodworks.

Jul 5, 2009 at 8:37 AM
Edited Jul 5, 2009 at 8:43 AM

elemental spell haste calculation is incorrect.

currently if you add spell haste, the way the calculation works, your cast time is going UP instead of down.

line 177 of spells.cs should probably be more like

float Speed = stats.SpellHaste + (1f + stats.HasteRating * 0.000304971132f);

( note. this still isn't ending up with quite the right value, but it's a step in the right direction.  in game my 639 haste reduces cast time of LB to 1.59 seconds, in rawr it seems to be 1.61 )

edit:

looking at the change history it looks like the previous change to spells.cs got it exactly wrong. the previous formula was correct.  if it is

float Speed = (1f + stats.SpellHaste) * (1f + stats.HasteRating * 0.000304971132f);

that gives the correct value of 1.59