DPSDK model flawed for frost

Topics: Rawr.DPSDK
Jul 25, 2009 at 10:36 PM

The 3.2 calculations for frost dual wield dks are kinda wonkie. Off-hand damage isn't calculated correctly (it doesn't look like the 50% OH damage penalty is being applied). Nerves of cold steel is a dps increase with a two handed weapon equipped. Also, just switching over to 3.2 calculations is a dps buff for frost strike, when in the new patch frost strike damage is getting nerfed.

Anyway, this tool has been valuable for helping me make educated gear choices, and I look forward to it's continued improvement.

Jul 26, 2009 at 1:03 AM

The 3.2 calculations are far from complete; they're more or less just hacked in for the time being. The interaction between the OH penalty, NoCS, and sigils acts pretty funky in-game, I'm not sure how accurately that's being reflected. Frost strike sigil is also almost certainly counting as two applications of +380 damage rather than +113, which will not change until the item's entry on wowhead/armory changes (ie, 3.2 is released).

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:26 PM

After opening up an existing dual weilding DK in the new 2.2.14 and without making a single adjustment to the saved file my dps has shot up from ~4400 to 6800!!  I know i'm not as tight as i'd like to be in my rotations in game, but I cant be that far from my theroycrafted limits.  I would guess i'm 10-15% below optimal dps.  Were these kinds of numbers expected with the changes that were made to dual weild dks this release or is something funky going on?

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:10 AM

2.2.14 currently has a somewhat substantial bug in frost strike damage; the displayed amount may be as much as double the appropriate value. This major (and a couple other minor) bugs are resolved in the code base, and will be fixed in the next release.