Moonkin Optimizer

Topics: Rawr.Moonkin
Aug 6, 2009 at 5:12 AM

When I open up the optimizer with the moonkin model, the only additional requirements that i can optimize for are burst, sustained, and overrall rating.  I cant do anything else like hit or haste or crit. Please help.

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:01 AM

Well, first, we can add hit, since that occasionally would be useful (ie, when you need to reliably CC something). If you want to optimize your DPS, then optimize your DPS, it will correctly value hit/haste/crit.

Aug 7, 2009 at 1:45 AM
Edited Aug 7, 2009 at 1:47 AM

i only want 400 haste to meet the soft cap wrath, since now that i can use both eclipses, once i get 400 haste, crit is better, and rawr keeps putting way over the 400 haste cap i want

and currently as posted orginally i cant set any restrictions for haste etc, when im in the moonkin model, i can do it for everyother model except moonkin

Aug 7, 2009 at 4:07 AM

If Rawr recommends that you have more than 400 haste for the "wrath soft cap", then the following must be true:

Haste above 400 is still a valuable stat.

There, I said it.  There's no reason to artificially cap your haste at 400.  Sure, it has less of an effect when Wrath is GCD-locked, but that doesn't mean it's worthless or that you shouldn't go over it.  Also, make sure you check your buffs and that you have Wrath of Air and Imp Moonkin selected, as these will change the haste "soft cap".