Batch Tools Questions

Topics: Rawr.Base.Optimizer
Aug 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I looked at both the Batch help page, and the EJ Rawr.Mage discussion, and didn't see answers to these.

Is the "Weight" column in "Batch Tools" an absolute weight, or a relative weight?

Example: My Druid's Rawr.Moonkin score is around 8k.  His Rawr.Tree score is around 16k.  I've got this new helm, and I need to decide if I will gem it for Moonkin or for Tree.  Let's say I'd value a 1% increase in Moonkin (score +80) as being equal to a 1% increase Tree (score +160).  Should the weights be equal (1% == 1%), or should the Moonkin weight be twice the tree weight (2*80 = 1*160)?

I suspect an absolute weight, since it is easier to formulize (overall optimization is dot product of weights and scores), but it wasn't obvious from the documentation.

Separate question: Am I correct that for all of the various Optimize/Upgrade options under Batch Tools/Tools that it will

1) Use available gear/gemmings/enchants/filter based on the currently loaded character (Rawr main window)?

2) Use talents/fight options/model settings/model based on the character on each line of the Batch Tools grid?

So that if I want Tree to consider using Ember Skyflare Diamond, it needs to be in the main-window gemming template, and it doesn't matter whether or not it is in the ErdTreeRaidHeal.xml (which is not main window, just one of the Batch entries).

Aug 13, 2009 at 12:03 AM

It is absolute weight.

total score = sum of weight_i * score_i

1) Basic optimize/upgrade will use availability of each character when optimizing that particular character. Batch/progressive version use availability of the first character in the batch list for the whole set.

2) Correct.