[Rawr Mage] Flamestrike

Topics: Rawr.Mage
Aug 12, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I have two issues regarding flamestrike in the spell info section.

First off, I would appreciate Flamestrike DPS for a single cast (instead of spamming it - which no one ever does anyway).

But I thought, what the heck, just calculate it yourself. But when I look at the breakdown for the spammed flamestrike damage I get 1430 Dot damage for a cookie-cutter ttw-firemage with about 2200 SP. What's that number supposed to be? It's way too high for a tick and way too low for the total dot Damage. Can someone shed some light on this, please?

Aug 12, 2009 at 11:44 PM

It's supposed to be value of full dot on one target. Why do you say it is way too low for total dot? I agree spammed flamestrike doesn't make any sense, that's a relic that's probably remained unchanged from before BC.

Aug 13, 2009 at 8:30 AM
Wowwiki and the Frostfirethread on EJ tell me that the spellpowercoeffecient for the total dot damage over 8s is 48,88% or something close to 50%. Flamestrikedot basedamage is 780. Hmmm: 0,5*2200+780=1880. And that's before multipling with the firepower etc. And like I said, Rawr shows only about 1400 dot damage. Maybe someone messed up the coeffecient for one tick with the coeffecient for the entire dot?
Aug 13, 2009 at 7:48 PM

The coefficients were wrong, I've fixed it for next release.