Updating ItemCache.xml

Topics: Rawr.Base.Items
Aug 15, 2009 at 9:21 AM

hi,

can i update the itemcache.xml oneself from the wow-armory? because wowhead is good, but never up 2 date. all the raid items released in call of the crusade are now searchable on the armory. the add-item-function is one thing, but it will only take a few hours. an automatic "search-new-items-finder" or so ;) would be fantastic. (for wow-armory/wowhead/thottbot)

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Tools > Update Item Cache from Armory (or Wowhead).

Aug 15, 2009 at 9:48 AM

this function does not add any new items, it only updates the data about items ALREADY in my itemcache.xml. or it is a mistake?

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2009 at 10:20 AM

That's correct. Is that not what you asked for? You can add items that may be upgrades using Add Upgrades from Armory/Wowhead. You can also use Import from Wowhead Filter. Basically, look in the Tools menu, there's several ways to deal with item data.

Aug 15, 2009 at 10:42 AM
Edited Aug 15, 2009 at 1:51 PM

my question is, is there a chance, to import the currently itemcache from the wow-armory, because wowhead is no up2date. many itemlevel 258 are missing.

for example ... tools -> edit items -> add enter the name the item-id ... it would be appreciated, if u add a function to add all new items from the WOW-ARMORY ! (for example ... id 45000-50000) .. the advantage for us: the itemcache is always up 2 date.

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2009 at 6:52 PM

You already can add items by item id. Tools > Edit Items, Add.

There's no way to just import all items from the Armory, because that would get way too much useless data. Instead, that's why Get Upgrades exists.

Editor
Aug 15, 2009 at 6:52 PM
Edited Aug 15, 2009 at 6:54 PM

Correction: The official Wow Armory is NOT always up-to-date.  It's also not always even correct - for an extremely extended period of time, it did not even include the socket bonuses on gear.

I think what you're looking for is "Load All Possible Upgrades".  Try it out - here's an option to do it from Wowhead or the Armory.

The Edit Items > Add even accepts item IDs.  Already supported.  No need or usefulness for importing batches of Item IDs.

[edit] Dang it, Astry...

Coordinator
Aug 15, 2009 at 8:09 PM
BrWarner wrote:

for an extremely extended period of time, it did not even include the socket bonuses on gear.

It still doesn't, as far as I know. Did they fix that finally?