Dual Spec Question: Loading Character

Topics: Rawr.Base
Sep 7, 2009 at 9:22 PM

I am having issues loading my second Talent Spec properly.

I have a DK with a Blood DPS Spec (51/0/20) and a Blood Tank Spec (52/8/10). (I put the numbers because it seems some sites think they are the same profile that changed a bit)

Does the Armory import bring both specs across?

I attempted to save my original DPS  profile as a new file (DKTank) tank spec and changed all my armor manually + the talents manually, Problem is, I discovered something in the program still makes it believe I am trying to solve for max DPS and optimizes back to my DPS gear. (I changed the dropdown to DKTank, and the optimization is survivability. But I still get an optimization for DSP and not tank.

What am I doing wrong? Is thre an automated way to get and maintain this Tank Spec instead of a full new character manual load?

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Armory import only loads the current spec. You can edit and save different specs to easily swap between them. You definitely want two characters for DPSDK and TankDK. Easiest way to do that is to just log out in your DPS gear/spec, load from Armory, save that file as your DPS character. Then log in/out in your Tank gear/spec, load from Armory, save that file as your Tank character.

Sep 7, 2009 at 11:33 PM
Edited Sep 7, 2009 at 11:33 PM

So simple.. Thank you very much.