Warlock spell priority

Topics: Rawr.Warlock
Sep 8, 2009 at 7:01 AM

Is anyone else still having a problem with the warlock spell priority. I will setup which spells CoD > Immolate > Conflagrate > Chaos Bolt > Incincerate. Click save and it just sits there, won't crash, just sit. I've had it going for about 10 minutes now. I've had to force quit it for it to stop.

Developer
Sep 8, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Please use the Issue Tracker for Issues

Sep 8, 2009 at 7:23 AM

i have had the same problem.  it is something in the immolate spell causing it.  i can add any other spell and it works fine but immolate causes it to just run forever and it maxes out the cpu like an infinite loop

Sep 8, 2009 at 7:44 AM

I am investigating this issue - please continue to use rawr v2.2.13 in the meantime.

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:52 AM
Edited Sep 8, 2009 at 8:52 AM

since 2.2.13 doesnt have t9 bonuses for warlocks it doesnt help much.  ive ran the spell priority list several different ways and it only bugs when immolate is first.  good luck love the program and cant wait to get to use it again

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:58 AM

I was just playing with it as affliction spec since i heard i couldn't use immo, and had the same problem with the following spells:

haunt, UA, corruption, curse of agony, and Shadowbolt (in that order)

so its definately not just with immolate.

Sep 8, 2009 at 9:01 AM

that could very well be as i only use affliction for yogg so i only tested the destro spells.  i probably should have checked that also

Sep 8, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Yea, i wouldn't have bothered checking affliction either, but i was bored and didn't want to do destro because of what was thought to be a problem with immolate.

Sep 9, 2009 at 4:39 AM

As an affliction warlock I have found that the spell priority list for the warlock hasn't worked for version 2.2.14 also. When adding any other spell to the priority list it puts all DPS to 0.00

Sep 9, 2009 at 6:25 AM

I played a bit with this, too, and it I had no problems saving an updated spell priority list, AS LONG AS I leave shadowbolt in the list. As soon as I remove shadowbolt from the list is hangs. Might be a useful hint for the devs.

Sep 14, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Corruption and Immolate also seem to lock up the client.  v2.2.15

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:22 AM
Edited Sep 14, 2009 at 1:35 AM

This has been fixed for rawr v2.2.16.

There is no ETA on when this is expected to be released tho, so in the meantime please continue to use rawr v2.2.13 for your warlock needs.

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2009 at 1:37 AM

v2.2.16 today.

Sep 14, 2009 at 2:32 AM

everyone repeat after me

"astrylian rocks!"

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2009 at 2:34 AM

v2.2.16 Released! Warlocks, go get it!

If it still crashes, ArPharazon will surely fix it in mere minutes ("ArPharazon rocks!" chanting required), and I'll post a v2.2.17. Really want Warlocks to be happy again!

Sep 14, 2009 at 5:00 PM

I don't seem to be able to load any previously saved configurations - it stalls at 0 of 3 tasks completed and the green progress bar stops at circa 3-4%.

Windows task manager indicates that Rawr is not responding and the process shows it taking a constant 25% CPU cycle time.

I've left it for about 10 minutes, but it seems that it will not progress any further.

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2009 at 5:17 PM

Files from the bugged version may not work in .16, however I'm not sure. Can you post your character file in a new Issue Tracker issue? Will be easiest for you to just create a new file in the mean time though.

Sep 14, 2009 at 5:36 PM

OK - have done so.  I never used .15 successfully, and think the saves are from .13

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:40 PM
Edited Sep 15, 2009 at 6:41 PM
kharristan wrote:

I don't seem to be able to load any previously saved configurations - it stalls at 0 of 3 tasks completed and the green progress bar stops at circa 3-4%.

Windows task manager indicates that Rawr is not responding and the process shows it taking a constant 25% CPU cycle time.

I've left it for about 10 minutes, but it seems that it will not progress any further.

Same problem... I have Lock Affliction. I test with new character and when i put my spell priority Haunt>Corr>Coa>UA>SB, rawr crash!!! Version used 2.2.16

Sep 17, 2009 at 3:28 PM

Hi,

I just updated RAWR and haven't yet updated the items from wowhead, but think it doesn't matter. I've got a destruction skilling and wanted to see, whether I can push my dps with new gems, cause of new EQ. When I set the Spells, I wanna use, it sets the DPS to 0.00. Would be nice to have an solution. :D

Sep 17, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Edited Sep 17, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I dont know what spells you have selected so please create a new ticket in the issue tracker, and attach your character file.

A general tip for all warlocks: (which might also help you - but if not, then I will looks for your ticket)

At the moment, the rawr warlock solver assumes that the last spell in the priority list is going to be used as the filler spell which will be casted whenever the other spells are on cooldown.

So for things to work smoothly, Destro (& Demo) warlocks make sure that Incinerate is at the bottom of the list [and that Immolate is before Conflagrate :) ].

Affliction warlocks have Shadowbolt as their filler spell so they also have to put it last on the priority list.

(Yes I know that afflic locks like to start combat with shadowbolt, then Haunt for 2 stacks of shadow embrace - but for now, just put shadowbolt last on the priority list.)

I will fix this spells priority bug for the next version (rawr 2.2.18).

Sep 23, 2009 at 10:09 PM

Ahh thanks for this post, i should have looked for this a LONG time ago, i have turned my spell priorities around and used incinerate first... now i must get a different result.. thanks.

Sep 24, 2009 at 3:44 PM
Edited Sep 24, 2009 at 3:45 PM

same to me, now it works, even with *.19

but at last ist should be arrangeable as the players really cast. ;)

because it still doesn't seem to do so. :P

or perhaps i'm too stupid. :D

Sep 26, 2009 at 9:34 AM

No i agree with you badblacklion.. As it is now, it casts my rotation right at the start, but furter ahead it just cast em the second they are ready and destroys the rotation. But that may be to hard to implement in the program and i am satisfied with the way it is now.

Sep 26, 2009 at 11:14 AM

The spells priority bug is not fixed yet, so (for now) please make sure that your filler spell (shadowbolt or incinerate) is at the bottom of the list.

I will make a post here to let you know when its fixed.