3.2.2 rollback

Topics: Off-Topic
Sep 8, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Can we get a dot release to roll back the 3.2.2 adjustments?

Also, the 3.2.2 Ony-patch is for the 5 year anniversary.  That's November.  You may want to temporarily abandon this branch until it gets closer to November.  GC's post that Icecrown will be "shortly after 3.2.2" also supports a November launch time.

Sep 8, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Blizzard reps have stated that while the Onyxia revamp is designed for the 5th year anniversary of WoW, it will come before November. Especially with the Prot Holy changes for arena which Blizzard stated would come shortly into the next (current) arena season.

Developer
Sep 8, 2009 at 8:19 PM

What would be the adverse effect of using this pre-3.2.2 patch-enabled version of Rawr?

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:26 PM

Armor Penetration is one big thing.  This release has ArP sitting at the PTR values (arp gets nerfed in 3.2.2).  The advantage is that you don't make decisions that get nerfed in a week (ie, buy a whole bunch of 20arp gems, and then next week it's nerfed and you want to go back to Agi or Str).  The disadvantage is that if you're trying to tune your character for a fight NOW, you're not getting the best results.

Sep 9, 2009 at 8:23 AM

If I were to want to use the old version (2.2.14), is there an easy way to us the new item filters etc with the old version?  Can I just copy the itemcache.xml, itemsource.xml & itemfilter.xml over?  Or will that stuff things up?

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2009 at 8:31 AM

I think that should work (still make a backup copy just in case).

Developer
Sep 9, 2009 at 1:37 PM

Yes, there is no harm in keeping the old file and switching them back and forth. Just have to exit Rawr first, then switch them.