Topics: Rawr.Base
Sep 17, 2009 at 4:53 PM

Are there any plans to add PVP options to RAWR?

Sep 17, 2009 at 5:10 PM

No, PvP has too many variables to try and model

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:29 PM

As a quick example, think of this: As a Warrior, my ArP and, well, all of my attacks will hit differently on different targets, depending on how much base armor they have, and if I have applied any debuffs (partial sunders, full sunders, no sunders, Shattering Throw).  Time on target is huge, and my attacks learn more to the instants, but not with maximum DPS in mind (because although MS may not be the most rage-efficient instant, it's available every 6s, and applies the healing taken debuff).  My incoming rage fluctuates rapidly depending on if I'm getting focused or not.  I'm switching stances extremely frequently.  I'm using many survival tools as opposed to purely damage-dealing tools (Spell Reflect, Shield Wall/Shield Block, etc.).  Heck, armor can either be really effective as a survival stat against melee-heavy groups, or it can be utterly useless when fighting an all-caster group.  Resilience has varying values against different types of opponents (the type of damage being received, and the stats of the opponent).

The closest thing that you can do is specify a lower limit on how much health you want, and how much resil you want.  Some models include an optional weight to be applied to stamina.  However, do NOT construe these available tools to "a PvP enabled model".