Topics: Rawr.Elemental
Sep 18, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Edited Sep 18, 2009 at 10:17 AM

ok I am little confuse why would a elemental shaman gem int or mp5 when on EJ that say its bad.

would it be better to gem for haste over int

here my profile http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&n=Woogyman

Sep 18, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Are you sure that you have ticked all the raid buffs?

If you have no replenishment you will run out of mana when casting nonstop for 5 minutes. That's why the modules suggest using mp5 gems.

After checking those buffs you will get another result.

Sep 18, 2009 at 5:56 PM

If you're using Thunderstorm every CD starting at about 80% mana, you shouldn't be having any mana issues.

Sep 19, 2009 at 12:10 AM

so I have to be fully raid buff for rawr to tell me what gems to use.  I thought I wanted to be unbuff to gem

Sep 19, 2009 at 12:50 AM

You want to accurately model based on your raiding stats.  This includes and relevant buffs that you expect to be running with.

Sep 19, 2009 at 4:36 AM

So basically set rawr to use full raid buffs and then check and see what gems I need

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:00 AM

'Full Raid Buffs' meaning what you would normally be running with. If you have a 10 man and there's 3 Blood DK's in the group you certainly wouldn't be able to apply all the buffs in the list pane.

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:25 AM

"This includes and relevant buffs that you expect to be running with."

Was I unclear?  I had a typo, but that doesn't really affect the readability of it.  Yes, enable "any relevant buffs that you expect to be running with", and then you can make more accurate comparisons in gemming and gear choices.

Sep 19, 2009 at 11:42 PM

No you didnt have a typo or was in any way unclear in anything you said.

so then question arises if I do a 10m setup for gems how do u setup a 25m regemming to meet the needs of a raid setup can get expensive

Sep 19, 2009 at 11:59 PM
Edited Sep 20, 2009 at 12:04 AM

Generally, one of two things can happen in the presence of more buffs as an Elemental: You run out of mana less frequently, and you sometimes need less Hit.  As far as I'm aware, Elemental generally doesn't have much issue with "running dry", so that shouldn't really come into play too much (if the program starts recommending lots of mana regen stats, though, then you probably are running out of mana).  However, you do often have instances where you need less Hit in a 25-man raid, and can trade out the excess Hit for a more "direct" damage stat - Spellpower, for example.  It really depends on the buffs you expect to have in either raid situation, and how they compare.  I generally swap in two pieces of gear when I can get a Draenei in my party, as that mean that I can free up 1% worth of Hit from my gear for better stats.

You SHOULDN'T have a HUGE gear recommendation difference when switching between 25m buffs and 10m buffs.  Really, the only major difference SHOULD be a possible freeing up of Hit itemization for other stats.

Sep 20, 2009 at 5:53 AM

Simply put, buff yourself as you expect to be buffed in the environment that you want to perform optimally in.

Oct 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM
paloop wrote:

ok I am little confuse why would a elemental shaman gem int or mp5 when on EJ that say its bad.

would it be better to gem for haste over int

Have the same issue:- 

Just downloaded 2.2.23 and unlike 2.2.22 it's rating Dazzling Eye of Zul (int) as top dps gem whereas 23sp is the best once hit capped.

At first I thought it was using my resto talents but no it's using elemental.

Either there is something funny with new version (unlikely) or I've got a setting set somewhere that is leading me astray.

Any masters of RAWR out there who can advise?

Oct 16, 2009 at 10:54 PM

Buffs, Talents, and Fight Settings are what you should look at. It's thinking you're going OOM, try to find why.

Oct 19, 2009 at 4:56 AM

I added a replenishment (judgement of the wise/hunting party) and it changed out all the int/mp5 gems to sp and sp/haste. I suggest trying that.