Warlock Crit Vs Haste

Topics: Rawr.Warlock
Sep 28, 2009 at 11:52 AM
Edited Sep 28, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Character Name: Cempa

Sever: Silvermoon -EU

I believe RAWAR may be over weighting crit over haste as well as Spell power in an odd way.  To test this run my toon and Optimize with Additional Requirement of Over All score greater than or equal to 8025.  You will notice RAWAR always returns gem choices to be full red -other than meta- as well as Band of Deplorable Violence over Band of the Invoker.

After I used the weighting from EJ I alaso ran the Warlock DPS Spreadsheet to reconfirm.  I also did the math my self to double check and each time I came up that RAWR choices actually produced lower DPS wich can only mean the error is in the weighting.

I understand that as one stat increases in amount the value of the other stats increases.  The more haste you get the more valuable other stats become and so on.  I just wanted to hear from you guys what you thought.  Run my toon and see for your self.

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2009 at 6:27 PM

Rawr doesn't use any stat weightings. How are you 'doing the math yourself'? It disagreeing with the spreadsheet is something we want to investigate, but isn't necessarily wrong.

Sep 28, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Edited Sep 28, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Cempa wrote:

Character Name: Cempa

Sever: Silvermoon -EU

I believe RAWAR may be over weighting crit over haste as well as Spell power in an odd way.  To test this run my toon and Optimize with Additional Requirement of Over All score greater than or equal to 8025.  You will notice RAWAR always returns gem choices to be full red -other than meta- as well as Band of Deplorable Violence over Band of the Invoker.

After I used the weighting from EJ I alaso ran the Warlock DPS Spreadsheet to reconfirm.  I also did the math my self to double check and each time I came up that RAWR choices actually produced lower DPS wich can only mean the error is in the weighting.

I understand that as one stat increases in amount the value of the other stats increases.  The more haste you get the more valuable other stats become and so on.  I just wanted to hear from you guys what you thought.  Run my toon and see for your self.

I'm pretty sure that the haste issue with the Warlock module is still present, probably causing some weird gear priorities.

I mess with RAWR each update, and compare to Leulier's spreadsheet and with Optigear, and find it to be quite different still.  I'm not sure the T9 bonus is activated correctly either (I'm sure I read something somewhere on the site pertaining to that).  Currently it's displaying 4pT8 > 2pT9 for me, as destruction. 

Good news is I am always seeing updates to the module:)

-xone

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:41 PM

I use the scale factors from EJ (http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t48311-simulationcraft_warlocks/) and I also run the Warlock DPS Spreadsheet (http://dmz-gaming.com/site/wiki/index.php?title=Warlock_DPS_Spreadsheet).

For example take the ring choice between Band of Deplorable Violence (BoDV) and Band of the Invoker (BoI).  While RAWR shows -again for my character with current gear and spec in a 25 man raid- BoDV a DPS increase over BoI, scale factors as well as the spreadsheet show the opposite.

This discrepancy can also be seen with GEM choices.  For example the chest.  While RAWR shows x3 red as a DPS increase, scale factors as well as the spread sheet show matching sockets to yield the highest DPS gear score.

I would like to understand why that is?

Thank You

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:25 PM

The warlock module is not yet up to date, so that is why you are seeing these strange results.

I am working on a big update which should resolve these issues and produce results similar to simcraft / leuliers.

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:27 PM
ArPharazon wrote:

The warlock module is not yet up to date, so that is why you are seeing these strange results.

I am working on a big update which should resolve these issues and produce results similar to simcraft / leuliers.

Thanks for the update ArP!!! 

Oct 1, 2009 at 9:55 AM
ArPharazon wrote:

I got a some upgrades (x4 set bonus T9) and decided to run RAWAR.  It works now! Same build, even got my gems right and yielded a over all DPS score of 8255 that is accurate as far as I can tell.

Oct 4, 2009 at 11:39 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2009 at 11:40 PM

I still get a weird haste issue with the warlock model. Haste rating got a value of 0.70 in my warlocks "Relative Stat Values". If I look at cloak enchants, "Greater Speed" and "Speed" are both assigned negative values! (They appear just below "No Enchant")

edit: if you need it I can put it in "issues" and attach the xml file for my 'lock.

Developer
Oct 4, 2009 at 11:46 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2009 at 11:47 PM

Did this still not get explained well enough? Sorry

Haste having a positive value means that NEXT rating of Haste would give a bonus, not 10, not 20, not (720 Haste Rating on Spell Hit, 20% chance). THOSE amounts of Haste could have negative repurcussions due to Spell Rotations changing from 1 more Spell to 1 less, etc. Several Devs are seeing this same 'calculational side-effect' in models and are working on ways to smooth it out.