Topics: Rawr.Warlock
Oct 7, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Firstly thx for the lock update, the Empowered Imp fix has really enabled me with alot more options regarding my gear!

A suggestion if i might.... would it be possible to add a 'Haste' to the Optimiser's Additional Requirements? I have found

myself in many a situation where i would like to have the optimiser check my gear for say 500 haste but it usually responds

with 200-300. I dont know if it would be viable to do, but it would really give us locks ALOT more versatility when using the app.

I have seen Hit Rating being availble at the moment, and thought it might not be to difficult to ask for Haste and/or Crit as well :)

Thx for the great app again and all the effort u guys put into it!

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I requested this a few months ago and was shot down by a shortsighted user (not even an admin) saying that locks should only be focused on max'ing dps and since Rawr's calculations are impeccable that we shouldnt be trying to experiment by requesting strange filters.

so anyway..yes..seconding this. we should be able to say Haste >= 400   or Crit >= 25%.   Yes, yee gads, we like to experiment.  You non-locks do realize that we have a whopping four filters while druids, and others in some cases have over a dozen.

Oct 7, 2009 at 6:36 PM

I'm not sure what you're referring to, froshaka, but I think I get at least the idea. We want optimizable requirements to be for things that actually matter to your performance; ie, Miss %, instead of HitRating. If there's a situation where Haste % actually matters (and I would guess that there is, such as CCing), that'd be a perfectly valid optimizable requirement. 

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:19 PM

Haste could arguably affect rotations, reaching certain plateaus that the user may want to enforce.  Not necessarily saying it should be in there, but the point could be argued (I really can't stand the Lock playstyle, so don't know too much about it).

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:37 PM

Aye, I'm agreeing, Haste % (not rating) seems like a reasonable thing to optimize.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:17 AM

I am sure that rawr chooses my gear for to give me my best dps possible, but atm. i am very low on dps meter in raids, and i have pretty good gear like the rest of my guild, and i often find myself at around 4700 dps, and when i optimize i get 4789 dps while i see mages, rogues and DK's having 7-8k dps everytime, thats making me a little sad.. I think thats low, im never in the top 10 dps list, and i think that haste has something to do with it. Im seeing alot of warlocks out there who tops everything, and they have lots of haste so i think it would be an important factor to implement in the optimizer.

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:21 AM

Err, it sounds like you're doing something else wrong. Sure you're correctly buffing yourself in Rawr, and have all the fight options set correctly, talents and glyphs selected correctly?

Oct 8, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Im not sure about all the buffs because i dont know what kind of buffs i expect to have in a raid since its different ppl every time. My talents and glyphs are correctly set. Fight options is correctly set (i think) and i have my rotation as following Immolate, Chaos Bolt, Conflagrate and Incinerat (immolate at top then going down).

I can name what i have set in fight options.

Fight Tab: target lvl: 83. Mana pot: runic (does crazy alchemist ever come here?) Affliction effects on target: 0 (since im the only warlock in raids allmost ever) 7 min fight, 150ms game/brain (because i have a laggy computer), 98% effect from replenishment, 100% JoW.

Character Tab: wrote my rotation further up, dont use immolation aura or decimation, 35% of Time Boss < 35% health (which i dont exactly know what means)

Pet Tap: i use imp

These are the buffs i have active:

<ActiveBuffs>Horn of Winter</ActiveBuffs>
  <ActiveBuffs>Blood Pact</ActiveBuffs>
  <ActiveBuffs>Improved Imp</ActiveBuffs>
  <ActiveBuffs>Arcane Intellect</ActiveBuffs>
  <ActiveBuffs>Blessing of Wisdom</ActiveBuffs>
  <ActiveBuffs>Power Word: Fortitude</ActiveBuffs>
  <ActiveBuffs>Mark of the Wild</ActiveBuffs>
  <ActiveBuffs>Improved Mark of the Wild</ActiveBuffs>
  <ActiveBuffs>Blessing of Kings</ActiveBuffs>
  <ActiveBuffs>Fel Armor</ActiveBuffs>