TankDK - Armor rating bug?

Topics: Rawr.TankDK
Oct 8, 2009 at 11:59 PM

I've noticed TankDK rates armor ridiculously highly, it generally recommends armor enchants all over, and puts The Dark Heart as the best trinket in the game, even at 50% magic damage. This just conflicts greatly with pretty much all other advice on DK tanking I've seen, so I'm wondering if there's some kind of bug in the code. Does Rawr think the trinket proc is modified by Frost Presence? (Is it?) Or has Rawr simply topped all other tank research? :P

Coordinator
Oct 9, 2009 at 12:08 AM

It's possible that Bonus Armor is getting multiplied by Frost Presence when it shouldn't be; Shaz, can you check on that?

Developer
Oct 9, 2009 at 5:55 AM

For sure my GetFrostPresence() function has no Bonus armor in it.  I'll have to look at how my SpecialEffect additives are doing.  That could be the only thing I can think of at this point.

hmmm.

Developer
Oct 9, 2009 at 5:57 AM

And I'm assuming the OP is referring to the Black Heart that drops in TOC 5 Hero.

Oct 10, 2009 at 7:52 PM
Edited Oct 10, 2009 at 8:23 PM

Aye, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47216 (it's Trial of the Champion normal BTW). Thanks for looking into this. Note also that (IMHO) the extremely high value of the armor enchants (gloves, cloak) seem "suspect"...

Developer
Oct 11, 2009 at 1:22 AM

yeah, I'm going to have to refactor how I handle the Specials and procs of items.  So the refactoring should help me ensure that I only calculate things once incase I really am doin' 2x the work like I was with expertise a while back.

Oct 12, 2009 at 3:06 PM
Asherett wrote:

Aye, http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47216 (it's Trial of the Champion normal BTW). Thanks for looking into this. Note also that (IMHO) the extremely high value of the armor enchants (gloves, cloak) seem "suspect"...

Armor for gloves and cloak are actually very decent enchants, it is not unexpected to see them near the top of the list (depending on how your Survivability/Threat Weights are set).