Designating specific slots for JC gems

Topics: Rawr.Base, Rawr.Base.Items, Rawr.Base.Optimizer
Oct 29, 2009 at 7:03 PM

My warrior is a Jewelcrafter and I've got several pieces of tank equipment that I tend to swap out as needed depending on the fight.  Since there's a limit of just 3 JC gems equipped at a time, this can sometimes cause issues if I just gem up all my best gear with Dragon's eyes.  So what I generally do is designate 3 "spots" where I put my jewelcrafting gems.  For instance right now, I always put them in the shoulder, chest and legs.

What I'm finding is that when I run Optimizer, it swaps around gear but then goes and puts the Jewelcrafter gems pretty much anywhere.  Is there a way for me to designate to only put the Dragon's eye gems in specific slots?

If not, is there some other method other people are using to work around this?

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:39 PM

I haven't tried it, but if you always use one kind of gem, then yes.  See paying attention to setting the "Blue Diamond".  For all your shoulders/legs/chest items, only make available gemmings with the JC gem.

There isn't really a way to say "this gem cannot go in these slots", though.

Oct 30, 2009 at 7:36 AM

In many cases you can safely "ignore" the gem placements of Rawr.   For my mage I can just assume that the regular SP gems are interchangeable with the JC SP gems.     Once Rawr does its optimisation, as long as I have SP gems in all the slots Rawr recommends, I can choose where the JC ones go.    Then you can either load from armory once you have gemmed your gear or select "equip custom gemming" to move the JC gems to where you want them.

That way you aren't limiting the optimiser to a gemming of an item that might not be optimal.

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:39 PM

thanks Ebs, I'd totally missed the Blue diamond capability and was trying to do it just using the gemming templates.  I'll play around with this tonight, but I think it will absolutely do what I'm trying to do.