Compare two builds?

Topics: Rawr.Base
Nov 20, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Currently, what I'm doing is loading my current build, then exporting that to a text file (Copy char stats to clipboard).  Then I play around a bit with my various gear/gem combinations, then do it again and kind of alt-tab back and forth to see the stat changes.

I've noticed there is an "Item Set Comparison", but I see no way to load an XML file into those.

Ideally, I would like to be able to do one of the following two:

Load two rawr (MUCH PREFERRED! and I do this with my own local modified copy now -- I can't imagine why you would only want one loaded-- I would like to compare my stats to people who are much more geared than I)

or have the ability to compare XML files in the interface.

For now, I'll continue to load multiple rawrs.

Any suggestions on options I'm missing would be helpful.  Keep in mind though, us users shouldn't have to change how we like to compare our information for the sake of using the app.  The app should conform to how we naturally compare data (personally I like to compare data quickly as I do very rapid changes).

Nov 20, 2009 at 9:42 PM

1) Start Rawr

2) Click "Tools" then select "Batch Tools..."

3) In the Batch Tools window, click on the "..." button and load the first profile you want to look at

4) Click the "..." button on the next line down to load the 2nd profile (keep going to add more)

Now you can click on the "Show" button to switch easily between the profiles.   Also, you can mark the gear available in one profile, then highlight it in the batch tools and hit "Tools" and select "Set Available Items" to mark those items as available in all profiles (much easier when you get an upgrade).   

Just make sure you save all the profile before you close by hitting the "Tools" menu on the BatchTools window and selecting "Save characters"

Jan 20, 2010 at 9:18 PM

How did you get two copies of RAWR running on one computer?

I'm trying to do the same type of comparisons as you.  I use Batch Tools Optimize a lot but it's not that useful when trying to determine how the equipment/gems/enchants have changed between two or more profiles.

Jan 21, 2010 at 2:04 AM
Edited Jan 21, 2010 at 2:04 AM

Kernow:  You make a copy of the whole Rawr directory, and run the 2nd instance of Rawr from there.